Chapter 11 : Stay

Chaeyoung's POV

I felt her soft lips crash into mine and for the first time in a long time, my heart was full again.

Lisa pulled apart after awhile, her eyes meeting mine as my lips already missing hers. "Do you get it now?," our faces just inches apart "I love you, Park Chaeyoung."

I couldn't believe after all this time, she would still love me. After everything I've put her through. A smile started forming on my lips, my arms wrapping around her neck.

Leaning into her, brushing my lips back on hers before kissing her again. I felt her tensed body starting to relax as our lips lingered.

We pulled apart to breathe, my fingers finding themselves running circles behind her neck.

Unknowingly, I felt a stray tear running down my cheek. It's been a long journey to get to where we are now.

We were once happy together, invincible to the real world, sheltered in our very own. But then torn apart in the pursuit of "happiness".

Somewhere in between loving and losing, we found misery and longing. Longing for each other's embrace. The amount of nights I lie awake, looking for the smallest glimmer of hope for "us" but only having found speculated rumours about you from the media. My mind wandered further as I stare at you, Lalisa Manoban, the love of my life, right in front of me while the memories of our past haunts my heart.

Lisa focused her gaze on me, her eyebrows furrowing as she pulled me into a tight hug.

Suddenly, all the thoughts, the feelings of sorrow, the bittersweet memories had vanished. Now all I could think about was how much I've missed her bear hugs. I melted in her arms as I nuzzle my head in the crook of her neck.

We stayed like that for what seemed like an eternity.

This must be what it feels like to have your dreams come true.

I could feel her tilting her head then whispering in my ear "I missed you, my sunshine." My cheeks heating up at her comment, my heart beating a million miles an hour.

It's been a long time since I've felt this happy. It's been a while since the butterflies in my stomach fluttered.
It's been some time since my heart threaten to beat out of my chest.

Lisa's POV

I could smell my favourite rose. Her scent meeting my nose, it's sweet just like her. A small smile forming on her face, watching as her eyes teared up a little.

"What's wrong?," I asked, a still worried voice in my head, wiping a stray tear coming from her eye.

"Nothing, it's just..," she trailed off, trying to fan away her tears with her hands ".. it's been awhile since I felt this happy." She lets out a small giggle in between drying her eyes.

I watched as this angel, sent from above, smiling and gazing into my eyes lovingly, as she stays in my arms.

"You're such a crybaby Chaeng," I teased.

"Yah! Lisa-yah! I'm not a baby!," she exclaimed, using her aegyo voice. This woman is going to be the death of me.

Minutes past as we stayed in the same position, staring at each other and giggling. It felt like a dream come true.

Then reality hits.

"So um.. what does this mean?," I muttered under my breath.

Are we getting back together?

Wait.. isn't she still with what's-his-face? I'm too distracted by her puppy eyes to remember his name.

J-... Jun..