Chapter 20: The Road to Recovery

Jennie's POV

The nurse came in and informed us that visiting hours were over, as usual Chu and I would head home and grab some late dinner on the way.

Chaeyoung has planned to stay overnight, as usual. She had a routine check up and the results came back positive. Which is great, cause that means her wounds are healing well.

However, she's been missing her therapy sessions. I wonder if she's told Lisa about them.

Well, I'm sure she would if she hasn't.

Everything's finally starting to feel normal again.

I didn't realise I was smiling until I heard Chu chuckle and then felt her pinching my cheeks.

"Your cheeks are so cute, you look like a little
Mandu~," she teased.

I playfully slapped her hand away, pouting at the fact that she just called me a dumpling.

"You're so mean Jichu!!!," I whined after we wished Lichaeng good night and started to leave the room.

Her arm flung across and landed on my shoulder. I felt her creep closer towards me before her lips were almost touching my cheeks.

"Jisoo! We're in public!," I whisper-shouted at her, looking around to make sure no one is watching us.

"You're so paranoid Jendeukie," she smirks "I was just going to..."

She blows a little hair into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"... ask you to pick a place for food," she giggles and gave me a quick peck on the cheek.

God, please help me.

"Hurry up and put on your mask, Managernim texted and said there's a crowd outside," I warned her.

The news of Lisa in the hospital went viral, her fans sending get well wishes and gifts hoping for her quick recovery, as were we.

Thankfully, news channels had toned it down a couple of notches, after JYP had requested for the media to respect Lisa's privacy as well as her family's in this period of time.

Though, after fans had caught wind of Blackpink frequent's visits to her hospital room there was still an ongoing craze.

Our PR team had also taken some added measures to make sure we're represented well despite everything that is going on.

Sometimes, I wish that it would be just simple. Lisa's our main concern and we just want to be here for her, without having to give our attention to anything else.

But of course, our fans are also important and we don't want them to feel like we don't care. So we make it a point to assure both our fans that she is recovering well and to thank them for their well wishes.

We reached the ground floor of the hospital and met our bodyguards to exit the building. Their team's been growing larger and larger in numbers everyday, seeing as how we are adamant on coming to visit Lisa.

We were led to the side exit of the hospital, and saw hundreds of flashes going off as the doors were pushed open.

Our bodyguards in their formation around us as they try and make way for us to get in the van.