Chapter 30

Third Person's POV

The feeling of losing someone, hurts. Be it through a break up or death. Maybe even learning how someone isn't going to be living long. Well, atleast it gives you time to process it before they actually leave.

When Luna noticed how Madeline was getting sick, she knew something was wrong. Madeline was never sick for long, she barely even had fevers. So when the doctor told her that she was diagnosed with Leukemia, it broke Luna's heart into a million pieces.

Luna felt lost while Madeline was devastated, she was young and wanted to pursue her dreams of becoming an interior designer. She wanted to design her and Luna's house once they moved in together.

But it never happened.

Luna promised her that she was never going to leave her side. She was going to fight with her and be there for her no matter how painful and difficult it was.

But Madeline didn't want that, she wanted Luna to move on and continue her life because she knew she wasn't going to last long. Luna felt broken but she wanted to make her lover happy at the time. She promised that she will after taking care of her. The remaining months was just the two of them spending their time together.

So when Madeline had to go, Luna cried but she wasn't as broken as before. She was happy that Madeline didn't had to suffer anymore, yet she was also sad that the love of her life was gone. She was prepared for her death and it was easier for the both fo them knowing that Madeline was happy till the end.

But this time it was different.

No, this time Luna wasn't prepared for anything.

This time, she was truly heartbroken.

She could hear her mother's sobs through the phone. She could feel her heart thumping loudly against her chest, making it hard for her to breath. She could feel Jackson's hands rubbing her back and hear him calling her name worriedly. She could feel tears running down her cheeks from her eyes making her vision blurry.

"What?" She whispered, she couldn't understand how and what happened. Why was life taking another loved one from her?

"I-I'm sorry, you have to come back. You have to come back home." Her mother cried, Luna could feel her mother's pain through her voice.

"Okay." Luna whispered before hanging up the phone, she couldn't take it anymore. Hearing your mother cry and sob like that, it'll surely break your heart.

She put down the phone on the table and let out a deep breath. Luna stood up and walked into her room to grab a coat and her purse with her wallet in it. She walked out to find Jackson standing by the couch with a worried and confused look.

"What's wrong? Where are you going?" Jackson asked, walking towards her trying to reach out to her.

"I-I have to go, I have to go home." Luna stuttered, she wasn't completely processing what her mother had just said. She just knew she had to fly back to the Philippines.

"Why? What happened?" He tried asking softly but his confusion wasn't completely covered up. He was worried why his girlfriend started breaking down slowly after getting a call from her mother.

"S-she, I just- I need to, I have to go-" Luna sobbed, dropping to the floor on her knees but Jackson caught her and sat her down on the floor.

He bent down in front of her, rubbing her shoulders and arms trying to calm her down but her sobs got louder. He could feel the pain inside his chest as he watched her cried, helplessly. He wanted to know what happened but he didn't know how to ask.

"Calm down, come on breath for me Luna." He mumbled as he hugged her tightly. She sobbed and cried on his chest as he tried to calm her by rubbing her back.

"My sister, s-she died. I have to go back home, Jackson. I have to go back." Luna managed to say those words while looking up at him, her red eyes and puffy cheeks made her look messy and sad. It broke Jackson's heart to see someone like that.

"Okay, I understand. I'll drive you to the airport right now and get you a flight, okay? Just breath for me, Luna. Please." Jackson softly replied as he continued to rub her back, which calmed her down after a while.

Minutes passed and the only thing that could be heard was her heavy breathing and quiet whimpers.

"Are you okay now? Can you breath properly?" He asked, he felt her nodding and he took a deep breath. He helped her stood up while grabbing her coat and wallet for her.

"Come on, let's get you to the airport."

The drive to the airport was silent, there was a heavy feeling in the air. Luna stared out the window the whole ride, her left hand was held by Jackson's. He squeezed her hand and she would squeeze it back weakly.

He didn't know how to feel, what he does know is that he has to let her go for a while. Losing a family member, especially one that's like your best friend, isn't something he could fix right away. He wanted to be there for her but, he knew she needed time alone. And when she's ready he'll be there for her, waiting.

When they arrived at the airport, none of them moved for a while. Until Luna turned to look at him and grabbed his face with both of her cold hands. She looked into his eyes and planted a longing kiss on his lips.

"Please wait for me to come back. I'm sorry, I promise we'll talk." Luna said, pressing her forehead against his while closing her eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll wait for you. Take care of yourself, just let me know if everything's okay or if something's wrong." He replied, cupping her cheeks.

The both of them stayed like that before Luna pulled away and gave him a small smile. It's funny cause when Luna smiles, it usually lights up Jackson's world. But this time, it made him wanted to tear up a bit. She looked so heartbroken and sad, it made him wonder if that smile was true or forced.

When he watched Luna walked into the airport, he called the only person he knew he could talk to. Even if it was past midnight and he's probably asleep but Jackson needed him right now, more than ever. When he picked up, Jackson felt relief yet even more upset.

"Hello? Jackson?" A groggy voice replied, signaling that they just woke up.

"Hyung, I'm sorry for waking you up. But can we please talk?" He let out a shaky breath after saying those words.

"Is something wrong? You don't usually call this late-" He replied, a bit awaken now that he heard his voice.

"I just, really need someone to talk to right now. Please hyung, I feel so lost." He said, pleading him. It was silent for a few seconds before he heard a sigh.

"Okay, come back to the dorm. I know you're not here now. We'll talk, don't worry."

"Thank you, I'm on my way."