Breaking Apart, Without You

Lui held his gaze for few long minutes. Shu couldn't take the silence overtaking the room. He tried to pull away from the strong grip of the boy beside him. But it only got tight with each attempt. Kazuki talked. "Why Lui? Is it hard to believe it?"

Lui gritted his teeth clenching his fists. "Shut up"

Shu turned to Lui. "Lui, trust me this is not true. I-"

But Lui stopped him raising his hand. He looked fed up from everything. "Enough" He said clasping his hands together. "Enough of your lies Shu"

Shu's eyes widen he automatically took a step back processing the words of the other. Does Lui believe Kazuki? "L-Lui what are you?"

Kazuki kissed Shu's cheek which the latter took by surprise. "Now it's only you and me sweetheart."

Shu pushed him away. "Shut up. Stop lying. " He turned to Lui helplessly. "Don't believe him"

Lui didn't speak another word. He turned around and storm off. Shu took a step forward trying to follow him. But behind him Kazuki took his hand and trapped the albino within his arms. He stared into the piercing crimson orbs of the blader. Shu tried to push Kazuki away. "Leave me alone."

Kazuki actually let go of him this time. Shu didn't take a minute as he ran outside of the room looking for Lui. On his way he bumped into Gou who looked confused. "Gou, where is he? Where is Lui?"

He blinked. "I was about to ask you something. Did something happen between you two? He stormed off completely pissed"

Shu didn't answer him. He raced to his locker and took his bag and started running outside of the school. After a while he saw the familiar figure of the dragon blader. Shu hesitated for a moment pacing back and forth. Then he gather up his courage and walked to the dragon blader. "Lui" Shu called out. Lui didn't stop he kept walking. Shu bit his lip and ran to him ans stood in front of him.

Lui gave him a blank look. "Get out of my way"

"Lui listen to me, you can't trust him. He's lying he's not telling the truth" Shu pleaded. 

"Oh yeah, Who do you think I am? Do you think I am that dumb not to notice everything. I saw the way you two got closer these few days. I am not blind" Lui yelled. 

Shu flinched. "It's not true" His voice was hoarse in the verge of breaking down. "I-I didn't do anything"

Lui gave the albino a crossed look. "Out of my way. This is over we're strangers now and I don't know who the hell are you" He said storming off. 

Shu stayed there frozen to the ground. The tears which was stuck in his eyes started to flow down his cheeks. Lui's words repeated like a broken record. It was over he said. Shu broke into a run. Even though his house was far away from the place he was he didn't take a bus he ran all the way not daring to stop for a second. He felt his lungs burning from the lack of air. His legs started to get wobbly. But nothing stopped him when he reached his apartment he shuffled through his keys and opened the door as soon as he stepped inside his knees gave up underneath him. He sank down to the floor. He was panting and sobbing at the same time. His voice was hoarse and his eyes was burning with all the tears. He clutched the fabric of his shirt tightly. He placed his head against the door staring for a few seconds. He needed something to distract him or else he would just end up killing himself. Shu got up even though his body screamed him to stop. His legs were killing him he dragged his feet forcefully to the bathroom and opened the shower. He didn't even bother taking off his clothes. He wasn't in his right mind. He just stared at the wall the water drained his clothes as a whole. He pressed his back against the icy cold wall and sank down.