Trying To Heal My Broken Heart

Two days flew by without talking and even looking at each other. Their friends watch the two of them stuck inside their own isolated worlds. Lui and Shu trained like crazy to get out all of the emotions of their hearts. The nationals was coming soon and both of them wanted to fight well. Shu doubted it. With hurting wrists it wasn't easy to launch his bey. But he ignored the pain just like he tried to ignore him.

Shu woke up with a huge headache. It was a Saturday. Nationals starts tomorrow Shu thought bitterly as he popped two pain killers to his mouth and drank some water. He hadn't gone out except for school. He just locked in himself and used the bey stadium inside the apartment building to practice. He even ignored the concerned phone calls of his friends. Now when thinking about it he felt guilty. They were his friends. They deserve to know about him. "Maybe going outside today and breathing fresh air would do some good" He said to himself as he got up from the bed.

Shu stepped outside as he closed his door behind him. Shoving the keys to his pocket he walked along the familiar path which lead to the bey park. Since it was a Saturday and the nationals are coming soon surely the beyclub would be there he guessed. His thoughts drifted to Lui again. "He must be practicing" Shu thought. He kept his eyes trained on the ground. Shu knew that Lui went out with that girl and he knew that Lui went out with several girls right in front of him. Nothing seem to hurt more than the glare he shoots whenever he sees the red eyed male. He sighed. There was no tears left inside his eyes to cry. He cried himself to sleep and even the thought of the breakup was enough to tear him up but now all the feelings had left him. He was just like a robot numb and closed to all the things.

As he reached the bey park he heard the familiar chatter of his friends. Surprisingly they weren't blading. They were sitting by the grass and talking more like yelling with each other. Shu stopped watching them from afar. His mind wavering between two thoughts should he go and talk with them or should he not. Daigo was the first one to notice him. He turned to others again. "Guys I think that's Shu"

Everyone snapped their attention to the figure standing by the road. "Shu" Valt said running to the boy. Shu forced a smile as the group enveloped in a group hug. After few seconds they all pulled away.

"We were all worried about you." Honcho said looking at the albino. "Why didn't you answer our calls or even messages?"

Shu ducked his head in shame. "Sorry"

Valt smiled taking his hand. "It's fine. You had lot going on after all. Come on I brought my mom's beybread. It can make anyone happy"

A smile tucked Shu's lips instantly. Valt always knew how to draw out a smile from him. They all walked to the spot where they were and sat down in a circle. Shu stared at the Spryzen bey bread in his hand. His thoughts draw back to the day of their first kiss. Sitting just like this and suddenly Lui confessed him. Everything felt like a distant dream.

"Shu" Wakiya called. Shu looked up to see all of them staring at him. "You're crying"

Shu blinked. He didn't even realize when tears started to flow from his eyes. He quickly wiped them off muttering a sorry. Daigo sighed setting his food down. "Shu, we're your friends. You can tell us anything. Spill it all believe me you will feel relieved after that"

Shu stared at him he spoke the first thing that came to his mind. "I miss him"

Daigo nodded telling him to go on. Shu placed his hands on his lap staring to the distance. "I miss him a lot. I can't even survive a single day without a thought of him. I just can't-" He stopped biting his bottom lip, afraid he might break down.

"Shu" Valt whispered slipping his hand to Shu's and giving it a comforting squeeze. "We're here for you. Everything will be alright."

Shu shook his head. "No, he hates me" He said no longer trying to hide his tears. He thought he had no tears left to cry. But turned out he needed a good cry. Suddenly Shu jumped to Valt's embrace and broke down. He spilled all the tears that was left of him. Valt looked startled for a moment but he eventually wrapped his arms around the albino patting his head soothingly.