Chapter III

It was late, around 10:15 on a Friday night when the young prince sprinted out the room completely in tears, he had short dark brown hair so dark it looked almost black, it was messy, his eyes were a clear violet, and he had black eye shadow on, but it was running down his face from his tears, he wore a purple top and black jeans, he didn't have shoes and he was running with his jacket around his waist. This was the prince that was rumored to have had been gifted with beauty, he was handsome, the most handsome prince out of all. He was prince Virgil, the prince of the Kingdom of Shadows. He ran down and out of the back of the castle and into the forest, after about five minutes of non-stop running he came to a old ruin, he ran inside, it was a library, filled to the brim with old books, some were scattered on the floor, some on tables and others on the shelves. Virgil sat in front of one of the stone tables and rested his head, as words raced through his mind 'You're a cry baby!' 'You're weak!' 'You're worthless!' 'You can't even fight for yourself!' "Shut up!" Virgil scream, but it didn't help. The library looked like it's only inhabitants were the animals and forest life but Virgil had been coming there for about two years. He stumbled upon it when he was twelve, he had been running for the same reason as he was that night, although that was the first time it happened. He used the library as a place to relax, he was the only one who new about it and all the books it had in it. Most of the books were history books that told secrets and story's of the four kingdoms but there were also story books, filled with fantasy worlds with handsome prince's and beautiful princesses that always had happy endings, he hoped one day his life would have a happy ending, but it didn't seem so. The library was made of stone. Stone shelves, stone walls, stone tables, Virgil was surprised the books weren't stone too. The roof was falling apart and at the end of the library was a tree. The tree was small but strong, it's leaves where dark green and it's trunk was a light brown, there was a place to sit and relax on one of the branches. Above the tree, the roof had fallen and the moonlight was shining through on the tree making it look magical. Virgil had read a lot of the books in the library, he enjoyed reading and did a lot of it in his spare time. He was glad it was Friday because nothing happened to him on weekends, he figured it was because his sister came home on weekends. Virgil had an older sister, her name was Ashley and she went to a boarding school for princesses, she was older then him by two years, she was sixteen and he was fourteen. They got along really well and Virgil felt safe around her, she was very over protective of him because he had anxiety. Virgil had heard the news of prince Roman needing a queen and he figured that Ashley would be forced to attend as she was a princess, he promised himself that he'd find a way to go with her so he wouldn't have to stay at the palace and risk getting hurt again. Virgil was sitting with his head on the table, he had calmed down but he was in pain, he knew he would have to go back to the castle at some point so he got up and started his walk back.