Chapter LI

The clouds turn to gray as Roman's eyes widen in horror, "What?!" he screamed, Aron snapped his fingers and two guards pulled Roman and Virgil onto their feet holding swords to their throats, "Any last words?" Aron asked, Roman stayed silent, he was in shock, just then Virgil reached into his pocket and pulled out his pocket knife, he opened it and stabbed the guard in the arm, the guard yelped in pain as he dropped the sword and let go of Virgil. Virgil then picked up the sword and knocked the other guard off balance letting Roman free, "You think you actually have a chance?" Aron said in a mocking tone, "You will pay for what you have done to me!" Virgil yelled, Aron smirked, "Fine then." he bent down and picked up a sword at his feet, Roman grabbed the sword that the guard who was about to kill him was holding, Virgil and Roman got ready to fight. Virgil swung the sword at Aron but he blocked it and pushed back knocking Virgil off balance, he got up just in time to dodge a swing from Aron, the battle continued no one able to land a hit until Virgil jabbed at Arons arm and pierced his shoulder, Aron screamed in pain as he fell over backwards, Virgil took a swing at his leg and landed it, temporarily immobilizing him. By then the guards had gotten ready to fight for their king and take down the royals, all the guards, including the ones holding the hostages ran towards Roman and Virgil, one took a swing at Virgil but he blocked it. He took another swing only to be hit over the head by Remy and he fell to the ground unconscious. All the royals and Remy had grabbed weapons and were fighting along side Roman and Virgil, Jayden was nowhere to be found. The battle continued but the royals were victorious, after about ten minutes of endless fighting they had taken out every guard, most were unconscious but some were struggling under the pain of landed blows from their opponents. The royals cheered at their victory and Roman and Virgil dropped their swords. Rain started to fall from the heavy clouds as Roman pulled Virgil into an embrace, this was it, Aron would be arrested for abuse and attempted murder, Ashley would take over the Kingdom of Shadows and Roman and Virgil would get married and live happily ever after. Tears of joy started to spill from Virgils eyes, he lifted his head to look into Roman's eyes, suddenly there was a gun shot and Roman watched as Virgils eyes widened in horror, he then fell forward into Roman's chest and Roman collapsed to his knees holding Virgil, he was shot, Roman watched as blood from the gun shot wound leaked all over the already wet gravel, as Roman screamed for Virgil to stay with him. He watched as Virgils breath became more jaggered and blood started leaking from his mouth, he heard the crunch of gravel as someone started walking towards him, he looked up only to meet the eyes of Jayden, she was holding a silver gun. Roman's eyes widened in horror as he realized what just happened, her face was dull not showing emotion, "Looks like I broke my promise." she said in a dull voice, "I promised the head guard, that if he let me play with a gun I wouldn't shoot someone." Roman just started in shock as she turned around and walked away, she stopped for a minute to look back at Ashley and Iris, her best friend and the girl she loved. She didn't say anything, but after a few moments of staring she turned and walked away disappearing never to be seen again. Ashley fell to her knees and sobbed and Iris just stared in shock, she just watched the women she loved murder her best friends brother. And as the rain fell down to the earth, Virgil breathed his last breath.