Chapter XLVI

Roman paced his room, he didn't know what to think, it was around 11:32 pm but he couldn't sleep, the images of Virgils face just kept flashing through his mind, he wanted to help, but he didn't know how, he thought that maybe staying away from Virgil would help because Aron seemed to be doing it because of their relationship, but what he said about Ashley made it quite noticeable that this wasn't the first time, and Roman knows what Virgil is capable of, Virgil would be dead if Roman hadn't stopped him and if Virgil lost the one thing keeping him sane, Roman would loose him forever. Roman sat on his bed and put his head in his hands, how would he be able to run an entire kingdom if he couldn't even protect the one person he cared about? That's when it struck him, if he were to become king the laws the new generation had set up would jump into action and he could take Virgil into his kingdom, he would be safe, Roman jumped up and ran into his parents bedroom, "Father!" he said, his father and mother were both sitting in bed reading, "Father I need to talk." he said, his father got up and walked outside with Roman following, "What is it my boy?" his father asked, "When's the soonest I can get coronated?" he asked, his father looked surprised, "Eger to take reign over the Kingdom?" he asked with a laugh, "The soonest is next week Saturday.", Roman looked at his father, "Well then make preparations." he said and walked off, his father returned to his room and so did Roman, this did mean he would have to become King sooner, but it was all worth it if he could protect Virgil, the one he loved, his future husband,he wouldn't tell Virgil what he knows, he can't, but he'll make it alright 'I promise my love, I will take you away from the hell you live in and bring you to me, I'll make you safe in my arms, and the devil that runs your life will be no more then a distant memory, that is my promise, and I plan on keeping it.'