Chapter XXXVII

Roman and Virgil walked into the kitchen, there were no staff because it was midday and lunch would only be prepared in an hour, Virgil walked over to one of the many fridges and pulled it open, "OK so we have lemonade, apple juice, chocolate milk, pinapple punch, there's wine on the rack over there." Roman looked at him with a surprised face, "I'm joking!" Virgil said through laughter, Virgil saw Roman looking at his hand from the corner of his eye but didn't think much of it, "Lemonade probably." he said, Virgil pulled the bottle from the fridge and grabbed a tray and nine glasses from the shelf, he poured the lemonade into the glasses and put them on a tray, he looked up to see Roman washing red liquid ogg his hand, Virgil froze, it was blood, his blood, he didn't make eye contact just in case Roman would notice but he sensed Roman's eyes on him, trying not to shake as he lifted the tray, they walked out the kitchen, "Can you take this to the others?" Virgil asked, "What about you?" Roman asked, "I'll catch up." he said, he handed Roman the tray and sprinted upstairs to his room, he shut the door and pulled off his jacket, his arm was covered in warm crimson blood, he went to the bathroom and rinsed the blood off his arm, he grabbed a bandage from the medical kit in the cupboard and wrapped his arm, he grabbed another jacket slipped it on and ran to the shooting range, "There he is!" said Ashley as he walked in, "Where'd you run off to?" she asked, "To get a different jacket." he said, Ashley nodded to the cup on the tray that still had lemonade in it, he picked it up and took a sip, "I wanna know where they buy this stuff." he said, they laughed and he sat down and they talked for the remaining time they had. It was time for the others to go, they were loading into their carriages and taking off back to their kingdoms, Virgil had just said goodbye to Irichio, Iris and Logan when Roman tapped him on the shoulder, "Babe can I talk to you?" he asked, he had a pretty serious look on his face and suddenly Virgil felt a chill go through his spine, "Of course.." he said, Roman pulled him to the side of the palace next to the bottom on the stairs, "What's up?" Virgil asked, "Well obviously not you." he said, Virgil was confused, "What?" he asked, Roman took both of Virgils hands, "I'm here if you need to talk, I care about you and I need to know that you care enough about me to be able to talk to me." he said,"I-I.." Roman turned Virgils wrists upwards, "Don't think for a second I don't know, I watched you stand on a chair with a roap around your neck and I know about this too." Virgil looked down, he could feel the tears burning his eyes, he didn't know what to expect from Roman right now but what he got was not what he thought, "Virgil I need you to know that you can trust me." he said and pulled him into a tight hug, Virgil hugged him back and Roman kissed his forehead, "I'll see you Sunday." he said, he let go of Virgil and walked to his carriage, Virgil took a deep breath and walked back up to the palace.

Crownजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें