𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬

~Jason's POV~

"Graduation and awards night is coming up

"Graduation and awards night is coming up." Mr. Matthews tells us. "I'm very proud of this class. Several of you will be recognized for your achievements throughout the year."

Maya then randomly stands up exclaiming, "Awards are a scam. A girl like me never had a chance, Matthews. Never had a chance."

Maya then turns to look at Vanessa and Riley. Riley looks behind to Vanessa and she just shrugs.

"Alright, we'll do it but this is ridiculous." They say before standing up from their desk exclaiming. "It's a scam Matthews! She never had a chance!"

"Maya will be receiving the Griff Hawkins Totally Cool Award." Cory tells her and we all applaud for her as the three of them sit down.

Riley looks at Maya confused before asking, "Maya you just found out you won the Totally Cool Award yet you just sit there?" Maya just stares at her blankly. "Oh you're being cool. Why won't you rub it off on me?"

I make a weird face since that had made me think weird and since Vanessa was next to me she saw it.

"Ew!" Vanessa exclaimed quietly. "Jay, seriously?"

"It's not like I'm trying to think like that." I whispered to her.

Vanessa just sighs looking back at front of the class.

"Little Vee, you will be receiving Quincy Adams Popularity Award-" Matthews was then cut off.

"What? Why!" Vanessa whines making everyone look at her in confusion. "What? When your popular people want to know about your life, people don't need to know what my life is."

Matthews looks at her weirdly before continuing his sentence from before, "And the Quincy Adams Creative Scholar Award."

We turn to look at her to see her reaction and she just smiles like nothing happened before saying, "Oo, that's a good one."

We applaud for her but I'm pretty sure half of the class is confused about her mood swing.

"Jason will be receiving the Quincy Adams Loyal Award." Matthews says shocking me.