CHAPTER 10

9:37 pm, Colton had stayed at that accursed place for over two hours. It seemed so easy for him loose himself in the chatter and glasses of whiskey with some vaguely familiar old mates of his.

  The same place he had refused to go to for the past several years of his life was now the same place he seemed to be enjoying himself for the first time in a very long time and Acker, on the other hand, was quite elated at the fact.

  Convincing Colton was not an easy task and after an exchange of not so kind words, he finally caved on the condition that Acker would spend less days paying him annoying visits at his workplace. Although both men knew the condition was impossible, they strangely decided to just go with it.

  Immediately both men had reached the front doors, the familiar guard greeted them accordingly before letting them in with a warm grin.

   Now, Colton had just dropped off his friend and was already in the lift, on his way to his floor. The moment the doors opened, he instantly noticed the familiar dark haired boy unconscious on the floor with the phone held weakly in his hand.

The man walked over to him calmly, he didn't see the need to panic just yet. He continued staring at him for a while before gently going down on one knee. Giving him one final glance, he proceeded to check his temperature with the back of his hand, Normal. He then proceeded to check if he was breathing and luckily, he was.

"He's asleep" he whispered to himself.

"But, why here?" He knew he wouldn't get an answer to his question, at least not yet. Carefully and slowly, he slid his arms under the boy.

  With a small huff, he swiftly lifted the boy's  lightweight body up. He headed straight for the stairs afterwards, carrying the younger in his arms.

Eventually, he reached the boy's room, kicking the door close behind him. He paced towards the bed, carefully placing him upon it. He later  pulled out the covers from underneath his body and loosely tucked him in.

  As soon as he was secured in his bed, the man attempted to leave but suddenly stopped when something caught his attention. It was his breathing, it was harsh and unstable. He stood there staring at him through squinted eyes and furrowed brows as he observed further.

  All of a sudden, the boy's head abruptly turned to the side. Colton flinched a bit at the motion but decided to witness more out of his own curiousity.

  The boy proceeded to turn his head uncontrollably from side to side, cooking up a bit of worry in Colton but he still stood rigidly in place. The head motions went on and they almost seemed like the last straw till his entirely body began to thrash around in significant spasms and vibrations.

It was then that Colton crotched down, leaning towards the boy, trying to wake him up by tapping on his shoulder lightly.

  After a few agonizing minutes of senseless thrashing, it all finally stopped but with a small mutter. It was low but somewhat audible and the older man didn't know what to make of it at the time. He just stopped trying to wake him since he'd seem to stabilize.

  Confused and exhausted, Colton decided to retire to his room for the night. He made a mental note to call Acker the next morning.

.....

   The rest of the night went on smoothly and both men slept like babies. Soon enough, the morning eased in on them and at the early hours of 5:00am, the older man's alarm buzzed loudly, signalling him of the usual busy day ahead.

  It wasn't until about an hour later when he exited his room, fully dressed in a grey suit and in his left hand was his usual briefcase containing some important work files.

  He came down the stairs with his phone pressed against his ear. He was busy fulfilling his mental note from earlier, conversing with Acker.

"I know you have nothing better to do, trust me, I know" he spoke into the device as he took his seat for breakfast.

  Agnes was busy elsewhere and the boy was already seated next to him. His food hadn't been touched yet because he was waiting for Colton but even as the man arrived, he still had to wait for him to end his call.

"Just be here to for a quick check up, leave Allen in charge, I'm sure he can handle things" the boy noticed him laugh a bit and that made him sprout a small smile as well.

"Okay fine, bye" the call ended and as Colton put down his phone, his eyes instinctively went over to the boy sitting by his side.

  The younger had become nervous as he noticed the not so subtle stare Colton was throwing his way. His flustered face bashfully sank low and his eyes glued unto his food.

"Gonna eat?" He asked and the boy gave a small nod before reaching for a fork.

  Both men ate but with the staring still lingering and the sounds being only the clanking of silverware against ceramic, the atmosphere was filled with a straining tension.

  Almost suddenly, the younger boy dropped his fork. He was barely done with the food but just stopped for some reason.

"Did I do something wrong sir?" The boy finally asked after a brief moment.

"How was your sleep last night?" The boy shrugged with a small nod.

"Are you mad at me sir?" The boy asked again, getting tense.

"Did you have a bad dream last night?" Colton answered the question with another question of his own and it was obvious that Colton's question had a great impact on the boy.

  The boy's body quaked lightly and his jaws clenched tightly. Veins were throbbing visibly on his forehead and Colton couldn't seem to pin point the reason for his reaction.

"Simon" Colton said.

"Huh?" He tried playing dumb but the obvious shuddering gave him away almost instantly.

"Who's Simon?" Colton's voice was more stern and the boy's shudders aggravated to hellacious spasms and shaking as he crashed down to the floor.

"Agnes call Acker, he's having a seizure!" That was the last thing the boy heard before the familiar feeling overtook his entire body.

Phew this was fun, so....who do y'all think Simon is?