CHAPTER 28

Silence collected the seconds that stiffly ticked by, each heavy and harsh bearing a crude weight of anticipating terror. The grim aura swirled around him, painfully picking apart his sanity, questions arising.

Where am I?

Every passing minute and still not recognizing the scene sent every bit of him cowering. His knees trembled and sweat danced upon the creases that'd formed on his forehead. His dry throat seemed to be the least of his problems at the moment. His heart kept racing, increasing in pace and banging against his ribcage in rough and erratic motions.

The air surrounding him wasn't helping with his raging nerves one bit, it stung like icicles being stabbed through his nostrils and no matter how many breaths he tried to force down he still felt suffocated.

  The heaviness of the atmosphere seemed to create a worse effect on him than the ice point temperature. Blots of black scattered upon his vision as he squinted through the dim lighting.

It felt like a weight of sizzling heat was pressing upon his chest, forcing out more air but on the bright side, warming him up.

  Emotions rushed through him as the sudden feeling of being surrounded and watched by something gloom nagged him. His eyes grew wide, desparate for better sight but as empty as the strange room was and as pure as the white walls appeared to be, he couldn't help but perceive a rather putrid stench.

  His nerves got the best of him  but he managed to will his feet to move. Slowly, he gave the strange place a quick 360 and his wobbling feet had come to an abrupt stop as he sighted the source of the despair that stained the air. His feet trembled and his lips shivered in striking anxiety as he stared down the death stricken silhouette.

  The figure before him was definitely no stranger. Just above the pale and clammy skin of his forehead sat short lazy curls dangling over almost too perfectly lined brows.

  Once Jade green Irises were now a dim tinge with bloody red surrounding it giving a horrific mix of exhaustion and terror. His weak body slacked upon his shaky knees, hands pressed against his torso.

He looked half dead

"M..master?" He rasped, clenching tighter over his ribs with a tight grimace of pain spread across his face.

  The pure horror that reflected in his bloodshot eyes raged a spark of guilt in the man's breaking heart. He wished he could feel him, wipe away all the tears he made him shed and comfort him. He just stood there helplessly, his eyes bore a paining pool of tar and swimming in the depressing green was pure pain, dark and depthless.

"Mason"

......

  It was early in the evening hours, barely six o'clock when the older of the pair whisked himself awake, peeling open his eyes. Dried tears had created trails down the sides of his face but he felt a certain sense of comfort once his eyes met with a pair of dull blue staring down at him, a small quirk of his lips and he smiled knowingly at the comforting face before him.

  S had a been awake for the past few minutes. He had had his head on the man's unclad chest, tracing sluggish lines over the light hairs that spilled upon the centre of it. Occasionally picking at the short strands but being gentle enough not to tug.

  It was when he'd noticed the man's heart racing in his sleep did he grow alert and worrisome.

"Mason"

   He had sat up against the head board at the sound of a faint mutter. He'd moved his fingers off his chest, now pushing them gently into the rough field of dirty brunette crowning the tensing but unconscious man. His finger tips rubbed circles against his scalp as sullen eyes watched the man keenly.

"Are you alright sir?" The boy asked, brows slightly furrowing as his head tilted a tad and lips glossed with saliva.

  Words seemed impossible to utter as he kept his gaze fixated on the worried looking boy.

"Sir?"

  He shoved a nervous lump down his throat as he shrugged off the soothing fingers playing about his head. He sighed through his nostrils as he propped himself upright. The familiar weight from his supposed dream lingered a trace but he chose to ignore it as he found a strange relief just staring into the boy's eyes.

  He somehow couldn't get over the eminent contrasts. The boy's eyes were an ocean of rich blue bearing life and wonder, deep and mysterious unlike the death stricken pair of whitish green. Surrounding the boy's was a creamy white, pure and perfect, a complete opposite to the redness of pain and pure mortification in the eyes of the once love of his life. Once meaning not anymore, he sighed.

"Sir"

  His voice was so soft even when he'd try to sound the most bit crude and stern. Colton couldn't pin point the source of his fascinations but he knew the emotions sparking within him. They weren't strange but were merely attached to such a hurting memory.

Soon enough, the slap of cold hard truth struck across his face even before his mind could roam right into euphoria. Over his once prominent smile etched a look of fear and hard realization, he couldn't let himself feel, he couldn't let himself fall. Not again would he be lied to, lied into tripping and falling in the deep dark abyss called love.

Not again

  S sat inches away, his fingers tangled amongst one another as he kept fearful eyes on the man, even managimg to ignore the spread of pubic hair scattered just inches above the sheet and sprinkled as a happy trail up to his hardened chest.

  S had witnessed the wave of emotions that seemed to have the man under a strange hex. He could swear on his life that the first thing that reflected in the man's eyes was a show of pure affection, pure ... Love.

  However, the same couldn't be said for hardened look his face now accommodated. He wondered the thoughts that wandered through the mind of Colton Acre. What images hover behind those stark eyes of his?

"Get dressed and leave my room"

Sorry I missed my weekly update for last week, here y'all go... I'll be working on this week's update like right now so I can't procrastinate any longer...