CHAPTER 26

His eyes fixed on the ticking hands of the mocking face of the wall clock. His foot rapped anxiously against the hard floor. His hands twitched slightly as tension nagged at his chest, causing pangs of torturous strains.

   His mind was heavily woven around the events of earlier that morning. He could remember the look of pain in his eyes. It was an absurd and worrying sight, the way he changed; it was so sudden, so overwhelming and most importantly, it definitely wasn't normal.

"Who's Simon?" He asked, curious uncertainty laced in his tone making the boy visibly cringe in tension.

The boy's eyes then gradually grew half shut as he averted them, dropping his gaze to the floor. It seemed the simple question had sparked up something strange deep within him.

"I...I don't.." he managed to speak but his utterances only broke out in pitiful sobs. Through the tears, he whimpered, shrinking in size as he trembled under Colton's wary eyes.

  Colton gently reached for the hurting boy's shoulder, trying to bring him to his composure but all his actions only seemed to aggravate his state of distress. More words attempted to slip through his lips but they were cut off by  soft whimpers.

"S..sir I-" it was almost like a trigger had been pulled, a single nerve had been struck, igniting an unquenchable flame within the boy.

   The creak of the door opening brought Colton down from high up the clouds. He blinked repeatedly, clearing his vision as he gulped down a hard rock of dry saliva. He let out a small breath as the familiar Englishman rushed in, evidently mid surgery.

"This better be important" he said, annoyance in his words as he waited for a reasonable explanation.

"It is, I promise" Colton assured the man quietly making the older man cock his head to the side, lips pursed as he gestured his friend to go on.

"It's about the boy" Colton took a small pause, unintentionally annoying Acker further.

"For fucks sake just spill it" he spoke a bit harshly but Colton didn't take offense.

"When I first took him in, he had series of similar nightmares but I thought it was due to the new environment. Days later they stopped but now they're back..." He stopped abruptly, a small breath leaving through his nostrils as the next few words weighed down his tongue.

"According to him, he always remembers the name Simon but he has no clue who he is" Acker inhaled sharply, seeming to relax a tad as he took his seat opposite his friend in a huff.

"That's not all anyway, I asked about Simon this morning and that's when he...he started acting strange" His friend quirked a brow at him as he leaned unto his table, propping his elbows.

"Strange how?"

"He kept crying and clutching on his head, I could tell he was in pain. I tried to get him to relax but...it was no use" Colton's head lowered a bit as he mustered the words.

"And barely two seconds later,...

"I was kidding" a shaky laugh wobbled off his lips as streaks of tears rolled down from his eyes.

"S are you alright?" Colton asked, his voice rising dangerously in worry as his hands rested on both the boy's shoulders.

" I.. I" his eyes went stiff as his fingers rubbed up against them, scrubbing away roughly.

"S" Colton's voice rasped as he shook the boy lightly, trying his best to capture his attention.

  The boy had seemed to go on auto pilot as he stared down at Colton, his eyes were empty and his body was stiff. It was only after a few critical seconds of Colton shaking him further for any sign of life did his lips softly start to quiver. Colton had noticed almost immediately and shakingly withdrew his hands in fearful hesitation.

"I.... help" it was almost inaudible but the man could clearly make out a small cry for help.

   Tears now streamed and he groaned loudly, now reaching up and pulling on his hair, even going as far as ripping out a couple of strands.

"Kid!" He rushed to hold unto the boy again, forming fists around his wrists, restraining his hands.

  He still continued to struggle nonetheless, wildly kicking the air as choked screams poured from him. His eyes were crazed as veins popped and throbbed around his entire body.

"So I just came to check if I could arrange an appointment with a Psychiatrist or something" Acker sighed, taking a few seconds to sink in the information before attempting to make a phone call.

  Colton's breathing steadied with a single but long sigh as he watched his friend smack on a few buttons on his office phone. About two rings later, whoever was on the other side picked up but Colton's head ached too much to bother to listen to the conversation.

  He couldn't help but let his mind divert from his surrounding to deep within thoughts arising from the eventful morning just about an hour earlier. The streak of pure madness oozing from the boy that morning was all too morbid, even for him. He sighed to himself lowly.

"Colt" Acker called softly, putting the phone back in place.

"Hm?"

"You have an appointment with Doctor Rosie Hathaway, it's tomorrow at noon so just get him here on time" Colton nodded accordingly.

  Both men took their cue to alight their seats. As they both left the office, Acker was already jogging towards the theater while Colton took leisurely heedless strides for the elevator.

.......

"I'm sorry" it was the umpteenth apology since the occurrence and Colton honestly hadn't been in a stable state of mind eversince. He quietly ignored the boy before motioning to his driver to move.

"Sir please forgive me, I promise not to be anymore trouble" Colton struck him a look. His eyes were teary, he was shaking and guilt wobbled upon his lips making them quiver shamefully.

  Colton couldn't help the small spark in his chest at the sight. He sighed to himself, instinctively letting his arm snake around the boy, pulling him close. Both men had stayed in that position throughout the ride.

The worst part of seeing someone break is the fact that even though you want to help, it's completely out of your control.

I'm still alive...incase some of you were wondering... please share this story and leave a vote or comment...I really need encouragement for Psycho right now....I really like this book but something tells me it's not worth it anymore...idk I guess I'm just losing readers and it's starting to bother me...

PsychoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara