CHAPTER 19

Remorseful days and sinful nights had heavily treaded by. Each passing hour weighed with treacherous guilt jabbing at his heart like a spear. All the self condemnation and reproach had stalked and haunted him, stripping the man of any balls he had left to stop himself at any point.

  The temptations had started just nights prior and although succumbing to them wasn't all like Colton, one couldn't help with the plentiful years of unsatisfied urges.

   Colton seemed so helplessness, the pleasure outweighing his heavy heart. The long years of raging libido had nagged him for far too long.

Now, in Guilt's wake, Colton wallows in shame and self loathe. He was stained and it was not a good feeling. He felt deep self reproach at the way his hips gyrated, his hands pumped and his eyes soaked in the images. Those immoral images.

That bloody footage

  It was all too overpowering even for S. He had not failed to notice the distance in the man's behavior especially whenever he was in the room.

  S had feared for this. Colton's new behavior was strange, something straight out of the ordinary. S had come to be accustomed to the cool and collected Colton Acre but the man before him was nothing like that at all. He was jittery, nervous and most times stuttered away from anything that had to do with the boy.

  In the midst of the internal wars, both men had almost failed to realize that the penthouse had been missing something. Someone.

Agnes

  Colton had been rather slow these past few days to even come to notice his maid's absence. She hadn't showed up for work since the day all hell unfortunately broke loose.

  He had pushed aside his remorse, growing rather wary. She hadn't come in eversince and with no word. It was highly unlike the woman. Unfortunately, she hadn't any family or friends that he could call.

  The closest to being 'friends' he knew were her neighbors at her apartment so Colton had wasted no time in rallying his driver, Ray, to her home.

After a few days, it had all come to no avail. None of  them had seen nor heard from her eversince. It was rather strange how the woman would just disappear without a trace. It was all very mind racking but it had left Colton with no other choice than to wait on her. She'd pull through.

Hopefully

......

 Now, almost a week since Agnes's disappearance. Colton sat on his bed at the wee hours of the morning, his back pressed against the cold headboard and his laptop propped on his lap. He stared stark eyed at the screen, an image of the paused footage basking in its abominable glory.

  The past few days had been nothing but contrite. The late hour jerking off sessions had wreaked into a routine for Colton. The same footage, same late hours and same regret afterwards.

Fuck

  He fisted balls of sheets by his sides, groaning inwardly. He never meant for any of this to happen. None of this was part of the plan. He'd quickly began to harbour temperament against his own self, his weakness. His lonely broken heart.

  Frustrated, a choking scream melted away in his throat. His eyes abruptly clenched as his hands freed the linen, now aiming for the device. He grabbed and basically tossed the laptop aside, pushing away the nude images from this mind's eye.

This has to stop!

......

  It'd been about a week since the inspector's visit. A wave of regeneration had washed over him concerning the news the officer had brought with his previous visit.