CHAPTER 39

His leaned in, pressing his forearms on the steel railing, a half finished cigarette pinched between his index and middle finger. His lungs screamed as he sucked, lips circling the cig. He released the cancer stick from his mouth, puffing out a cloud of smoke.

"Back to smoking I see" his lip twitched as a smile latched unto his face almost instantly at the voice.

  Slowly but surely, the familiar brunette Englishman came into view, propping his back on the railing for support. Colton gave him a knowing side glance, rasing the cigarette to his lips once more.

"Not at all" he sucked and Acker smiled, eyeing the pack in his chest pocket. He reached for it, stealing a stick for himself. Mindlessly, Colton handed him a lighter.

  Both silent, they smoked together for the next couple minutes, their eyes glistening under the sunlight scorching over their heads and the entire balcony.

  The view of the town contributed to the serene aura dominating both men as they basked in each other's presence. Quiet.

"Allen's back" Colton cocked his head towards his friend, a brow quirked.

"Oh?" Acker nodded quietly, slowly twisting his neck and meeting his friend's eyes.

"I think he cheated while away but it's fine" Colton chuckled at his words, putting out his nearly finished cigarette on a nearby ashtray.

"I had a few one night stands under the influence" Acker stated, propping the stick between his lips and Colton gave a devilish smile.

"Alcohol never solved anything, my friend" Acker's face radiated a charming smile and the cig nearly fell off his lips.

"Using my own advice on me I see" he pointed up in utter humor and Colton returned it with a sly smirk.

  Colton reach for his chest pocket, picking the last stick and lighting it up before taking a long drag.

"Alcohol is usually your coping mechanism. As for me, I don't have one" he removed the stick from his lips, giving Colton a relaxed glance.

"Never needed one, well, until I lost something I never thought would break me so" he dragged a deep breath into his lungs and furthermore, pushed it out with a heavy sigh.

"You see Colton, true love doesn't just make those butterflies flutter about your stomach, or your eyes go soft and tender at the sight of that one person" Colton took another long drag, now facing the view ahead but still giving his friend a keen and listening ear.

"You become an animal, you become soulless and lost. It rips you apart from the inside out" Acker's voice grew distant as he spoke. It was almost as though he could feel the fresh wounds of pain and betrayal he had felt that day.

"That my friend, was the day I began to question everything" he paused, tossing his nearly finished cig into the ashtray.

"And I recognized that look in your eyes" Colton edged his eyes over at Acker, a vacancy in his eyes and he puffed out a thick cloud of smoke.

"You're wondering if you're not too fucked up for him, if your preferences won't chase him away, if loving him is that right thing but let me tell you something" he took a bold step forward, placing a hand on the man's shoulder and staring him dead in the eyes.

"Love doesn't have to be right for it to be true" he grinned, patting down on his shoulder a few times before withdrawing his hand.

  A knock then wreaked from the door and both men turned their attentions. The blurry silhouette of S could be easy made out through the glass. He opened up, snaking his head through.

"Lisa wanted to know if master Acker would he staying for ..um..dinner" as he spoke, his nose twitched and just then, his eyes fell on the ashtray then the cigarette between Colton's lips.

"That won't be necessary, I just came to give something to Colton" a small smile etched unto his face and the boy nodded with a tiny 'okay' before leaving them to their conversation.

  Acker turned to Colton, pushing his hands into his pockets and setting the contents on the table just by the ashtray.

"Anorexia, Multiple personality disorder, long term memory loss, post traumatic disorder" Acker stated with every few pill containers he placed down while Colton watched him through hooded eyes.

"I'll be on my way but one more thing" Colton tossed the half finished stick into the tray.

"Don't be a complete idiot and lose him" Acker smiled before disappearing through the doors.

.......

   Colton sat half naked, clad in nothing but boxer briefs as the worn out and cigarette-burned photo stared up at him, a feeling of uncertainty stirring inside of him.

He sighed

Love doesn't have to be right for it to be true

  Wrinkles creeped over the paper from weeks of interventions, bitter sobing and straight up alcoholism. He clenched his eyes and parted them quickly.

  Exhausted, he stretched his  hand for him beside table, reacheding for the top drawer. He tugged on the handle, opening it and retrieving his laptop. He then placed the picture faced down inside before closing the drawer.

  As the screen booted, he drowned deeper in his uncertainty, biting his lip in sheer anxiety. He could only hope that he would'nt regret anything later on.

  He searched through passed documents till his cursor hovered over the one he meant to find.

Trial BDSM Contract Sample