CHAPTER 25

The bright early morning sun snuck up a little too quickly on the dark haired boy, it's warm rays gracing his glistening white baby skin through the slits between half open blinds. As he slept peacefully, delicate snores creeped from his full lips as his crow feather hair sat upon certain parts of his face.

Several minutes had passed when he suddenly began to shuffle slightly in place, uttering whispers of nearly silent nothings from once still lips. This had continued on for the next few minutes, aggravating as things went on until eventually, his hands began to squeeze into somewhat tight fists and his eyes clenched as well.

Simon

He continued whispering over and over just as he dragged his body roughly about the bed. Beads of salty sweat began to form on his slowly rosing skin, dripping down and moistening the wrinkled sheets beneath him.

  As time went on, his breathing grew unsteady and raspy. His heart rate increased as well, pounding against his ribcage with erratic motions. His lips quivered as his mouth began to go dry of saliva as well as his throat croaked up.

Simon!

  He sprung upright from the bed, eyes teary, stark and wide, lips spread open giving way for heavy pants as his chest heaved simultaneously. His grip on the bedsheets had loosened just as he tried to steady the intake and escape of air from his lungs. His head throbbed soundly even as he sat still but he'd swallowed down a groan of pain, his mind wondering.

"Who's Simon?"

........

  S had managed his way downstairs and even with the ache in his head and dizziness in his vision, he was still set on making Colton his breakfast. He'd quickly sped walked past living room area, paying no attention to the unconscious man on the couch as he continued, whisking passed the kitchen doors.

  The TV had been paused on the last words Mason had uttered.

I love you, goodbye master

Colton sat crooked and slouching on the couch, snuggling unto a little throw pillow as light snores left his lips. He seemed so peaceful sound asleep, delicate strands of dirty brown hooding his eyes and a slight rosing around his slightly swollen eyes.

  Several minutes whisked by but it wasn't until a small crash erupted from the kitchen did he fully regain consciousness, a bit too abruptly too. He sprung awake, although not literally. His eyes blinked open as he released the pillow from his hold, leisurely setting it aside.

"S?" He yelled out, scrambling up to his feet and gaiting for the kitchen as his finger rubbed on his eyes, wiping away tiredness.

  Just as he neared the double doors leading to the kitchen, he could already hear soft whimpers and sobs belonging to S and he quickened his steps almost immediately. Worry racked in his mind as he pushed on and into the kitchen.

  On his knees, S sobbed quietly, blood oozing and already spurted everywhere, the source being his finger which he clutched on, crying in pain.

"Shit" Colton cursed under his breath, hurrying over to the drawer containing the first aid kit.

"I... I'm sorry sir I was just cutting the vegetables and-" his voice croaked to a force halt as Colton got down on one knee right in front on him, a small box in his hands.

"I'm sorry" he whimpered out an apology to which Colton gave no reply for as he pulled out some rubbing alcohol and cotton.

"Well, I'm sorry if this hurts, I'm terrible at first aid" he admitted, wetting the cotton with the liquid.

"It hurts, sir" S tensed at the stinging pain immediately the moist cotton came in contact with his injury.

"Sorry, I'm almost done" he muttered, now pulling out a little bandaid and tufting it tight round the boy's finger, maybe a little too tight but S couldn't complain through him being flustered at the way Colton's eyes narrowed the entire time, deep in focus as he tried his best to nurse the little cut.

"I'm sorry once more sir, I just.....um I'll clean up the blood" S sounded nervous as he visibly cringed before changing his sentence completely. Colton shut the items in the box, getting up while the boy stayed down on his knees, fiddling with his fingers before the older man.

  Colton eyed him down, a certain familiar feeling wringing in his chest but he quickly pushed it aside, speaking out.

"Up on your feet, boy" the same tone he'd always use on Mason slipped almost accidentally. He felt himself tense at the slight deviation in his thoughts but regained himself when he boy quickly did as told, although keeping his gaze low.

"You were just what?" He asked, remembering the obvious and purposeful stutter in his words just seconds prior.

"Huh?" He asked in mock confusion, feeling his body tense up as he tried mustering a lie; or at least not the whole truth.

"You were saying something" Colton cocked his head to the side slightly, reaching up with his pointer finger to the younger boy's chin.

"Don't lie" Stern and with all seriousness, Colton told, sounding more like a warning than a mere tip.

"I... headache ...um was dizzy and uh my nightmares..." Colton's eyes narrowed as brows furrowed. He kept a keen look on the boy for a while longer before eventually taking away his finger.

"When?" He asked huskily, lacking a particular expression as S cowered and trembled outwardly beneath him.

"Last night sir" his gaze lowered once more as his fingers joined in nervous fiddling and jittering.

"And it's the same name sir" Colton stared at him deeply.

"Simon"

It's settled, a chapter a week...phew it's a good thing I got some free time today....hit that star and comment whatever...see ya dudes next week