CHAPTER 24

"He fucking died in my hands, Ack" the drunken man slightly slurred as he gulped down every single drop of the glazing red.

"Colt, you shouldn't this to yourself" the more sober man spoke, rubbing soothing circles on his friend's upper back making him scoff lightly.

"None of this is your fault, man" Acker tried to assure his friend but he wasn't hearing a word of it.

  Both men had arrived home a few hours ago and the Brit had come to lose count of how many bottles Colton had downed since then. Acker was always against him drinking his problems away but he would tolerate it now that he was at least there to take care of him.

"Look Colt, I think that's enough" he said, watching as he began pouring himself another shot.

"You're right" Colton sniffled, putting away the almost finished bottle and chugging down on the quantity he'd poured.

"I..I just... I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the moment" His voice broke down at the end of his sentence, pent up emotions freeing instantly.

  Acker took his weeping friend in a well needed embrace, patting lightly on his back as he whispered encouraging words in his ear.

"How rude of me coming to your house and chugging down on all your alcohol" dry humor was all he could muster as he reluctantly pulled away from Acker's arms.

"Colt..." He spoke up but his friend interrupted.

"No it's alright, I'll just go to bed now" he said, wiping away at his tears all while heading for the downstairs guestroom.

"G'night mate" Acker forced a casual tone, concealing his worry for the man.

  For the rest of the night, while Acker cleaned up his kitchen of littered bottles, Colton laid on the bed, his eyes stark open and his mind on one thing alone, Mason.

........

  The clock ticked and tocked regularly as opposed to the peaceful atmosphere inhabiting the sleeping boy propped against little pillows on the couch. From his slightly parted lips escaped light snores and moans as he shuffled gently about.

"What the actual fuck!" S sprung off the couch, sending him crashing to the hard floor with a groan of pain.

  Rage gripped a tight hold on Colton as his face remained crazed, eyes swollen and bloodshot, veins throbbing and hands balled up in angry fists. S reached for his lower back, the point of impact with the floor, clenching on as he tried getting to his feet.

"Why the hell were you watching that?!" He screamed again, aggravating his still slightly prominent hang over. S whimpered and flinched noticeably in place at the older man's harsh tone.

"Sir, please don't yell at me" as if by instinct, he whimpered out shakingly, throwing his eyes downcast.

  Colton groaned loudly, stomping and marching heavily towards the cowering boy. Once directly in front of him, he reached up for the boy's chin, locking it between his fingers and furthermore, shifting his gaze upwards. S cringed even more, even letting out a moan once his eyes met with Colton's.

"I've told you to look me in the fucking eye when I talk to you" his tone was still as venomous as before making S shiver in fear.

"Y...yes sir, s..s..sorry sir" he stuttered, trembling.

"Now who fucking told you you could go in that room?" Colton whispered, honestly trying his best to keep his temper at bay.

"Huh?" The boy was beyond confused at his question.

"The CD..." Colton pointed towards the TV which showed a paused image of a man on his knees with his head down.

"It was in that room so why did you go in there?" His voice now began to grow back in intensity as he asked once more, confusing the boy.

"Wh... what room sir?" The moment he asked, he could sense Colton's hold on his chin grow tight and somewhat painful so he quickly spoke again.

"I f..found it on the shelf sir I p.. promise" S spoke shakingly with a pleading tone as tears now began to well up in his eyes.

"What shelf?" He asked, honestly curious but still doubtful.

"T..there" S pointed at the empty slot of space Colton knew wasn't there before.

  Colton's eyes fell unto the boy and his hold on his chin was freed as well.

"How the hell did that get there?" Colton whispered rhetorically to his hearing alone.

  By now, S had already freed the stinging pools of salty tears from his eyes, whimpering and moaning slightly as well as he tried wiping his hands over his face.

"I..." Colton could feel the guilt in his chest, choking him and swallowing his words.

"Come' ere kid" he quickly pulled the boy in for a small side hug, patting down on his Raven dark hair as he muttered dry apologies.

"Look, go up to your room, I'll make breakfast today" he said, eyes down on the teary eyed boy who now began to sniffle as his sobs began to die down.

"No..no I'll make it, sir had told me you weren't feeling well last night, you should rest" Colton sighed lightly, pulling him in for another hug, this time a full one.

  They stayed like that for a few more seconds. Guilt still nagged on Colton but he had bigger things to worry about. S had watched the video and nothing could change that but the worse of it was the fact that the man in the video happen to have been his ex lover who'd just passed hours ago.

"Go to your room, I mean it" he whispered, pressing his lips into the boy's hair before loosening his hold.

"Yes sir" S whispered in obedience before gaiting towards the stairs.

  Once alone, Colton's eyes found the TV screen. He stared stiffly for minutes, hands in his pockets and his lips pursed together. He then allowed his focus to divert to the remote. He reached for it hesitantly and took a seat. His finger lingered on the 'play' button for a while as his eyes shut tightly.

"Master you're back!" He screamed in joy, throwing his arms out for a hug before only receiving a hard punch to the jaw.

  He could recall it all. It was on that cold night that everything started...well, ended. He remembered the glistening red that trickled from the smaller boy's nose and busted lips. He had stained his hands in his lover's blood and as much as it pained him, he relished every second of it.

"Don't you dare cry you fucking murderer" Colton screamed at him, bitterness and hatred laced in his tone

  The bitter memories came flooding back almost like a flood of raging emotions. He felt lost. His eyes quickly opened as he simultaneously applyed a bit of pressure to the button.