CHAPTER 35

For the rest of the ceremony, both men ignored each other's presence; only occasionally would each steal glances, Colton's eyes hardened with betrayal while Acker's softened apologetically. The tension in the air was as thick as a brick nonethelss, Colton couldn't help but leer his eyes to Acker's left side in fascination.

His lips pursed tight as his eyes studied the figure. There the boy stood; stiff, patient, quiet. His hands were casually stuffed in his pockets as his eyes stayed low but not all the way staring at the grassy ground. His demeanor appeared relaxed but Colton knew there was more tension hidden behind his eyes.

He didn't seem all too different; not that he'd expect any drastic change in a over a month. He stood out with his precise man bun, short and anorexic structure; he hadn't gained much weight since the first day they met.

An envitable sway of his vision had Colton shifting in place as the noticed the delicious curve of his bum clad in fitted black pants. He swallowed hard. If only he knew what he was doing to him, Colton thought. His curious eyes lingered further.

Colton's eyes continued to nip at the boy and only when did the smaller man momentarily cocked his head his way did Colton quickly revert his eyes.

......

The ceremony had ended on a decent note and by the now the sparse crowd had already scattered, most heading everyone to Jackie's home for the funeral dinner. Colton on the other hand stood resting against his car, eyes narrowing down on the Englishman who was slowly approaching.

The man's body instantly grew tense at the boy's oncoming presence trailing behind Acker. Colton shifted his weight on both legs in discomfort, his belly fluttered and his throat ran dry. It didn't take long until Acker was now before him, tender eyes and lips parted a tad, throaty breaths holding apologies as he waited for Colton to acknowledge his presence.

  Colton's eyes softened in relief once he realized the body standing a decent distance away but the crazed looked in his eyes morphed once his eyes set dead on Acker.

"Why did you bring him here, I told you I didn't want to see him till I actually wanted to see him" he seethed quietly, jaws clenched as a he wagged a stern finger although unintentional glances being thrown the boy's laid cracks in his tone.

For the half a millisecond that olton and S had made eye contact, fires ignited within both men. S darted his eyes away almost immediately.

"Look, he urged, I couldn't just leave him home, he practically begged to be here" Colton's eyes clenched shut as fists now formed at his sides. Rage plunged blood through his veins as his eyes gruesomely peeled open, his vision narrowing down on his friend.

"My hands were tied, Colt" the older man stated in addition, demonstrating with his arms in the air and tender eyes set on Colton.

Part of him wished they weren't having this conversation; a little part was actually gleeful of the boy's sudden appearance but another part was hesitant. He'd damaged himself far too much for anyone else this past month; even if that person was in fact the cause of his damages.

"Just... Take him home" Colton ordered quietly, exhaustion laced in a heavy sigh that followed his sentence as his nostrils flared with bottled up pain.

His hand instinctively reached up to his face, sliding over his features in frustration. It was almost as though he was attempting to wipe away the sinful memories that were slowly creeping into his mind. Images of the both of them in intimate and passionate positions flashed before his weak eyes.

Guilt nagged his chest, causing a harsh strain and all just because the object of his raging desires was only a few metres away with his hands still deep in his pockets and a bored expression on his face as his eyes stared down at the ground.

"I'm afraid I can't do that just yet, Colt" Colton's hand froze over his lips, clenching as if trapping possible screams and by the looks of it, holding back a potential punch.

"And why's that?" His voice muffled under his hand with the venom brewing in each word still very audible.

"He not only requested to be here but he also wanted a word with you" Acker spoke up, straightening his posture, eyes gleaming with all seriousness but Colton only scoffed in response to his words, flinging his arm back unto his side.

"I'm not speaking to that boy" he declared, eyes dark but Acker appeared unfazed at his intimidating stance.

"He's been medically cleared, Colt. What else do you fucking want?!" he spat harshly. His patience was thinning. Colton had momentarily cowered back in shock at his friend's tone but he was quick to gather himself again, firing back.

"I want him out of my damn life. For good "he drove a rigid finger into the older man's chest, screwing it for good measure as he instantly pulled away, throwing open his car door and disappearing into the vehicle.

Acker stood silently in place, chesting heaving in strained breaths as he watched the disappearing vehicle with fading anger brewed in disappointment.

"He's never going to want me ever again, is he?" Acker cocked his head to the side, the rhetorical question came from none other than the boy. In the heat of the drama, he had eventually jogged over to the man's side.

Acker gazed into his glass eyes, tears collecting at the rims as his bottom lip was ceased between his teeth. Acker sighed.

"Let's go home, son"

......

"But sir will be angry" the boy whined in disapproval, throwing glances at a the head of brown hair seated two booths away in the small cafe.

"We've been over this, go there, don't let him leave and tell him all you have to say" he stated the several steps, counting on his fingers as he did for emphasis.

The boy looked over Acker's shoulder, watching him calmly sip on a cup of coffee, his shoulders rising sharply as the liquid sliced his tongue in its heat.

"What if he doesn't want me and I get rejected?" He asked, his eyes reflecting helplessness but Acker wasn't letting him give up.

"You've been cleared for days, he knows that and if he still doesn't want you then you'll just have to move on"

Move on

That was the hardest thing he could ever imagine doing. Leaving behind the man that seemed to have his delicate heart in his hands, a slight impulse and he'd be a goner. He couldn't just replace the face that made his heart race whenever his mind were to trail to the memories they shared.

With that, he gave the older man a curt nod, ascending from his chair in mock confidence. His eyes narrowed at the target as his feet wobbled onwards. He braced his heart for the worse with every step he took, inching closer to the inevitable.

If he were to get rejected, he didn't know if he would ever recover from the blow. His pace quickened, steady breaths filled and left his chest as the man's face slowly came into view.

"H.. hello sir"

Two whole weeks ...ugh someone just poke a knife in my eye cuz I really deserve it for the long wait...sorry for the late update and hopefully I'll update sooner after this.... bye