CHAPTER 11

Colton sat in his office, a scowl on his face at the hellacious amount of papers. Some would think owning a company meant you could just kick back and let your employees work but that wasn't the case at all.

  The man was working on a project on his computer when a call suddenly came in. His eyes darted at his lit up screen and he let out a soft sigh as he reached for the device. He recognized the caller ID and hit accept before pressing the phone up to his ear.

"Hello Ack" he spoke tiredly into the device.

"Colt, I'll need you to come over" his voice sounded low and weak.

"Is he dead?" The younger asked.

"What? No, why would you even...ugh please just come" He heard his friend sigh from the other side.

"You know I have serious work, Ack" he defended, making hand motions even though he knew the man couldn't see them.

"Bullshit, get your ass here" the voice on the other side let out a groan and Colt briefly pondered.

"Alright fine, give me half an hour" he spoke and Acker agreed, a small whine of annoyance slipping.

  He dropped the call and saved this work before getting up from his seat and grabbing essentials consisting of his car key, phone and wallet.

  His driver wasn't with him at the moment so he'd have to drive himself over.

  As soon as he stepped out of his office, the entire hall of other offices went pin drop silent.

  The man was feared, worshipped and not because he owned the placed, but because he was stone cold at heart especially when dealing with work.

  He stepped into the elevator, scowling ahead as the doors came to a close. He was pissed that this had to interfere with his work but he knew that his friend would have his head on a silver platter if he'd refused to go.

He eventually reached the ground floor and stepped out of the elevator. He walked quickly towards a back door situated at a corner just by the reception. Through that door was his personal parking space, only him, Acker and his driver were allowed there.

    As he entered his vehicle, he turned on the ignition, starting the car and driving away.

.......

  As soon as his car came to a stop in the hospital's parking lot, he exited the vehicle, taking quick strides toward the entrance.

"Good day Mr Acre" the receptionist greeted a bit shakily as he entered but the man seemed to be too engaged in his friend's request to come to even give a reply which was usually a blank look but whatever.

  He walked towards the elevator, his scowl still prominent as he entered the lift. As soon as the doors closed, he huffed faintly, pressing on the buttons.

  It was a couple of minutes later when he finally arrived at the designated floor. He stepped out of the elevator and walked through a corridor before getting to his friend's office.

"Colt, sit" Acker said as Colton entered and he did just that.

"Why did you need me here, I was really busy" his friend rolled his eyes at him.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, hold on" Colton shot his friend a glare as he opened up a desk drawer before setting a file on the table.

"According to these reports, what happened to him was infact a seizure" he spoke, opening the files and passing the report to Colton.

"Wait, isn't that caused by brain trauma or something?" Colton asked.

"Well that is correct but it can also be caused by lack of some nutrients that help the muscles, lack of these can lead to various forms of spasms" he explained and that's when Colton found the brain scan.

"So all of this is normal?" Colton asks, holding up the brain scan.

"Yes and...wait a minute, can I see that, Colt?" Colton hands him the brain scan report.

   Acker's eyes dart down at the report, his brows furrowing in both concentration and confusion.

"I don't recognize this name" he mutters to himself but loud enough that Colton hears.

"Whose name?" Colton asked, leaning forwards, against the desk.

  Acker ignores his question, reaching for the office phone at the corner of his desk. He dialled a number and told whoever was on the other side to get to his office as quickly as possible.

"What's wrong, Ack?" But before Acker could give an answer, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in, Allen" Acker called out.

   The door slowly creaked open and a petite blond kid in glasses appeared.

"Good day sirs" he greeted politely before turning to Acker.

"Sir, you called for me" Acker motioned him over to which he obeyed. Acker then handed him the report.

"Who is Dr Michealson Bridge?" Acker asked, his tone low and smooth.

"You wanted an assistant for Dr Penelope so um, you asked me to manage it" the boy spoke a bit shakily but it wasn't abnormal since he had two men literally giving off vibes of strong dominance and intimidation before him.

"Wasn't Dr Penelope supposed to sign this as well?" He asked, this time, narrowing his eyes at the shaky boy.

"Sir um s..she hasn't checked in for the past few days and she didn't ask for leave either" he explained and Acker sighed, nodding.

"You may leave now" Acker said and the boy nodded shyly before turning to leave.

  Acker was not subtle when his eyes keenly followed the boy as he walked out.

"Ack!" Colton snapped his fingers at him.

"Still a manwhore" Colton said, shaking his head.

"I haven't had sex in months, Colt" Acker said, chuckling.

"Utter lies" Colton said, rolling his eyes at his friend.

"No seriously, after my last assistant, I had to work so much that I never even went near a club but now that Allen's here, he's doing most of the work and I can finally branch out, or better yet, branch in because his arse is honestly a more pleasant sight than blood, guts and sick people" Colton stared at his friend in awe, wondering such a person even got into med school.

"Unbelievable, you know what, I'm leaving" Colton got up, attempting to leave when his friend stopped him.

"Wait, I called you here because he kept calling for you, the kid's scared as hell, we had to stabilize him to calm him down" Acker said lowly, getting up from his chair and walking to Colton.

"He kept calling for 'his sir'" Acker said, making air quotes.

"His sir?" Colton empathized and Acker gave him a look before nodding.

"Did you guys...." Colton cut him off.

"No" his voice stern.

Wattys 2019 results will be out today so it's been fun and I know I won't win but congrats in advance to those who do ....