CHAPTER 41

"Mason was the leader of a gang" Colton spoke up mindlessly.

  They'd somehow managed to climb unto the bed, S with his back against the headboard and Colton with his head resting on the boy's lap, fingers belonging to the boy swimming between the strands of his hair.

"Christ I loved him" Colton gave a hopeful smile, staring up into space, seeming lost for the time being. His eyes were a glossy shimmer of radiant grey.

He looked genuinely happy

"Him and Acker never got along. Gosh you should've seen their arguments" a sad laugh crawled out from his mouth and he immediately lost the momentary gleam in his eyes.

Something over took his senses. It was grim. Colton's body tensed against the boy. Anger pooling in his eyes as his lips parted for the next few words.

"My dad was against us and even though he never spoke ill of Mason, it was obvious he was disappointed" S, all this while, chewed on his inner cheeks, letting his fingers glide through the man's hair in attempts to assert a sense of comfort.

Colton's lips crooked into a dark smile

"The old man didn't like his son associating with street gang members" he scoffed, immediately losing that penetrating smile of his.

"But Mason was more than that" the familiar radiance in his irises were restored and more tears were collected with every memory that flashes before his eyes while he speaks.

"He was the awkward looking rascal that stole my heart the very minute he'd spilled his drink on me at the club" Colton chuckled, remembering the utter fear that claimed the boy's eyes once he'd realized that Colton was in fact a dominant.

He had disrespected a dominant on his first day after training.

At the time, all Colton could perceive from the boy was a hint of danger hidden behind his innocent yet captivating eyes. Eyes that sat behind loose blond curls. Eyes that stole his heart from the very first glance.

His chest was on fire

"He didn't look a day other seventeen so I had to personally threaten the bartender for serving him alcohol" a laugh spilled off his throat and S smiled too, gently grazing his nails on the man's scalp.

"We talked after then, exchanged contacts and next thing you know, our horny selves were fucking in his dingy apartment" Colton's eyes grew empty at the mere thought. S couldn't help but bite down harder on his lip at the mental image of Colton doing it with someone else.

"Time rushed past us, our love grew stronger but then; I was older" a sad drab of emotions found Colton's dull eyes once more and S frowned at the sight

"I had to leave for college"

"Mason was pissed and so was I but I couldn't help it, It was my dream school even before I met him. So I.." Colton's eyes stung, his voice went hoarse as the next few words broke off his tongue.

"I told him it was my dad making me go, I told him that my dad wanted me to go. I left him" Colton's chest clenched at the memory. His hopeful eyes had combed through the airport that day, his heart breaking with the nearing minutes of his departure. Mason never showed.

"He never saw me off"

  His stomach churned and his heart screamed in agony. The next memory swiped through his eyes and he choked on a small sob.

"We talked alot through the phone, FaceTime but with how stressed I got with school, we began to talk and saw each other less and less. Until one gruesome day" Colton's teeth clenched tightly on his lip as he struggled to remember the day.

"My mom called. My dad had been... caught in a shoot out." a chilling scowl prowled upon Colton's face as his hands balled fistfuls of the wrinkled sheets beneath them.

"A staged gang shootout"

"I flew back the next day with one target in mind" Colton's eyes pressed shut as he remembered.

"Master you're back" he ran over to him, arms spread out in glee but Colton socked him across the face.

"You fucking bastard!" he yelled at Mason, glaring daggers of bitterness at him while he sat on the ground, whimpering and eventually, sobbing.

"Don't you dare cry you murderer!" Colton shouted, pointing his index finger at him.

"M..master, he wanted us apart. I...I did it for us" he defended, still on the floor and pressing his hands on the site of impact.

"You did it for yourself" he yelled at the crying boy, towering over him with an aura fuming with pure hatred.

"I.. I love you" he stuttered through the pain.

"I don't wanna hear it, you broke my heart and my trust. I don't love you" he too was now beginning to collect tears in his own eyes. Mason's cheeks grew blazing red at the man's utterance, he couldn't believe for himself what Colton had just said.

"L... let's have some play time and I'll... I'll remind you, I'll remind you how much you love me" he got up quickly, almost stumbling to a fall but he gained balance. He desperately tweaked the buttons of his shirt, beginning to strip for his angry lover.

"I hate you, Mason" he yelled out one final time before marching straight for the exit.

A few tears leaked down the sides of his eyes, soaking into his hair. S tugged on the strands delicately, withholding his own emotions that bubbled wildly within him.

Jealousy

Anger

Sadness

"The next couple of days were hard. My dad's funeral was a family affair. It was that day that Bobby, one of his lackeys brought me the CD" Colton reached up, lightly scratching his temples before continuing.

"Apparently, with other charges to his name, Mason got a life sentence" S had stopped moving fingers now, Colton felt a bit less tense under his touch now.

"At the time I was still angry but heartbroken all the same, the only man I ever loved with his cute and lanky yet beautiful body would either get butt raped or beaten or both and I just couldn't bring myself to put up with it" Colton shook his head, now turning his body on to his side.

"I got the contacts of the head of the police department, I paid him a huge sum for Mason's protection. He'd get good food, a cell to himself and I even got an inside guy, an inspector to give me feedback on how Mason was faring" Colton sighed, closing his eyes and snuggling into the boy, half consciously.

"I'd kept things that way for five years, till recently..." He eyes opened and they seemed nearly empty of emotion.

"He got into a fight plus some substance poisoning and ended up in the hospital, it was then after a couple of days that he...he passed"

More secrets exposed you say?...coming right up... I'm not sure how I feel about exposing stuff so fast and bulkily but at this point, I don't really care much...