❥15

Chan's POV- Present

The previously dark room now brims with strong rays of sunlight and I automatically dread being so sensitive to any bright lights hitting my poor face first thing in the morning, a yawn easily manifests into my face as I slowly start to wake up. The Aussie on the next bed sleeps peacefully, oblivious to the assignments he will receive today. While some people take the day off on Sundays we clearly don't, a mafia can't simply run itself or even dare to rest any day of the week. My delightful time of playing house is over, I need to get back home and put those lazy punks to work, immediately.

Ignoring the angelical resting look on my friend's face, I roughly poke him on the forehead earning me a loud groan of frustration but he knows better than to fight back, even asleep he still has his mind wrapped around the fact that he takes orders from me. Never the other way around. After stretching up, the now familiar sweet scent of Y/N's perfume leaves me in a daze. She's so mesmerizing, those doe-eyes staring so confusedly at me yesterday makes me want to run into her room and ... What am I thinking? I can't be this attached to a girl, especially if she doesn't know who we truly are. Damnit.

After being completely awake and aware of my duties we both eat a quick breakfast without waking up the other members of the household, before we leave to proceed with our business Felix is kind enough to leave a post-it on the fridge to warn them about us leaving for the day, to meet up with some new friends. The ginger looks at me expectantly "Let's go, Felix." he only moves after I call him, leaving this house makes me feel quite confused over what I feel about Y/N. This is a matter for another time, clearly.

The walk towards our home is extremely long and a bit tiring, grabbing a cab wasn't an option, giving random strangers the address to the residence of mafia members isn't a real smart move. I could've called Changbin to pick us up but he's busy on a sensitive task I asked him so it's best not to disturb him and the other members are just terrible drivers. I would never put my life on their careless hands, not yet at least. "Chan-hyung... Do you mind if I ask a personal question?" of course, this brat can never keep his mouth shut "You can ask all you want, no guarantees I'll actually answer it." immediately after my curt answer his mouth curves into a upset frown, which would look cute in any other situation"You'll get wrinkles if you keep getting disappointed over every single thing I say." after a big disappointed sigh, Felix stops dead in his tracks and just stares into my soul, which can be a bit intimidating "Do you have feelings for Y/N?" his low voice booms into my head for a while.

We remain in that uncomfortable position for quite some time, his sudden question leaves me speechless, the ginger haired boy searched for answers on my face "I don't want to involve her into our world, maybe that means I care too much. I'm aware she's your best friend but it's hard for me to keep away." now it was my turn to try and figure out what he was thinking, him hating me wouldn't be very good for our chain of command. "She's been through enough, her mother was slaughtered by a serial killer back home. The only thing she needs is someone good in her life. Could you ever be that person for her?" It was hard to move after hearing that, I had no idea Y/N didn't have an easy life, in my eyes she looked perfectly fine, which only shows how good she is at hiding her feelings. It was stupid of me not to do a thorough search on her past, I had to learn from Felix that her mother was murdered, how careless did I get? I can't play with her feelings, not that I planned on doing that, but now she seems so frail, even if I step out how would that affect her? The only thing I'm sure of is that I need to keep her safe, no matter what.

Our small discussion made the rest of the way home feel way longer than it should, but eventually we arrive at our penthouse with an awkward silence surrounding the both of us, inside was quite the opposite: loud shouts and overly cheerful boys dancing with the sound of Loveshot(EXO). It was refreshing to temporarily forget the previously discussed matter and just watch those six boys enjoying themselves. When they notice my presence is almost as if a switch is turned on their heads, all of them stop dancing and stare at me waiting to take any orders "Meet me in the office in 10, a new mission has come." I head to the kitchen to get some water, walking for so long made me very thirsty, when I get there a boy my height follows me and looks at me maliciously, very unlike him. "What is it Minho?" a slight smirk forms into the boy's lips"I was asking myself, why you didn't give us any info about who you were living with" he pauses to observe any rash response I could have to his unexpected comment "And I found out why. Y/N is a very pretty girl, she's also a terrifically good kisser if you ask me." that was enough to make my blood boil, get out of my composed boss façade and go to extreme lengths, he has no idea the rage that possesses me in this moment. Forgetting all I learned about limits and self-control, my hand instinctively acts and draws out a dangerously sharp knife. Boundaries are very blurry in our house, this isn't the first time something like this happened, Minho knows better than to just stand around like a fool and speedily dodges the mortal object that I perfectly throw in his direction. The first smart move he makes.

The blue haired prick just stood there like he didn't do anything wrong, after taking the knife out of the wall and throwing it to the ground he dared to get back at me "Y/N is an amazing girl Chan, for her sake, you should stay away from her." he gives me one last menacing look and retrieves to isolate himself in his dark gloomy room. It seems like we weren't quiet enough with our fight, a couple of minutes after he left ,Han and Seungmin came in to check if there were any bodies to take care of. "What happened boss? Are you alright?" the blonde boy with puffy cheeks that resembles a cute squirrel worriedly asks me, while Seungmin simply stares at me trying to figure out what happened just moments ago. "I'm completely fine, me and Minho just had a falling out, it's no biggie." Knowing that neither of them bought that, I calmly get myself a glass of water and hurry to the office.

Ten minutes pass by and the room is still missing Changbin, Minho and Woojin. I.N tries his best to not be so fidgety, which is a difficult task to the youngest member, Hyunjin keeps typing away at his phone probably texting one of his many admirers, Seungmin volunteers to go find the others and Felix chats away with Jisung about unimportant things. As I think over what I have planned the remaining members enter the spacious room. Changbin and Woojin look sweaty and tired but they never once complain about the outrageous requests the job demands, Minho is hiding under his big hoodie but agrees to sit down next to his closest friend Han. After clearing my throat I start my little speech "We've got a new target boys, the biggest Korean mafia noticed we are quickly growing and they will try to put us down." the last part earned an angered look on a few members' faces, I continued despite it "We must fight them back, do everything it takes to achieve our goal, so I need Minho to do a thorough background check on any weaknesses of every active member, Han should reach out to our sources and see if they can help us out, which won't be easy, so take Hyunjin just to be safe. The others keep up what you were doing and with strengthening our bonds with EXO and NCT, they are friends not enemies, don't forget that."

All of them start to leave one by one with determined looks on their faces, I always get mixed feelings when they work so hard. Various thoughts wander around but they soon leave as I'm face to face with Felix who catches my attention "Hyung, I have an idea, I'm aware is not my position to do this but I think it will help us out in the future." his lips form a slight smirk and I prepare myself to his plan.

-----------------------//---------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I am sorry for the late update but it was for good reasons.

I've got some stuff planned out for the next chapter :)

If you have any compliments or complains, write away.

What do you think our little baby Felix has in mind? 😏
See you next chapter ❤️

Mandy 💗