❥28

Y/N's POV - two months after the accident

Oof I can't believe it's already been a whole month since Bang Chan and Felix moved away, the house feels so empty and cold in this gloomy Sunday. I have no one to bother or to mess around with, in a way having them here was like having brothers I never had. I do feel more lonely and all I have left is going over what went by.
Dad has been swamped with his police work, he briefly told me that there are a few mafias that are putting the city's safety at risk and he's been working night and day to get some evidence to put them down. To my luck the mobsters are extremely diligent in erasing their footprints. The irony. With his absence I end up alone all the time, Chan does invite me over to his place and I am familiar to the nine noisy strays so every now and then I swing by, whenever I do Hong Jong texts me telling me to keep my ears open for anything useful. Yes he placed a tracking app on my phone. No comment.
I am 100% healed from my broken ribs and now I have absolutely no reason or excuse to keep avoiding ATEEZ as much as I have these last two months. Most of the members still contact me about random and work related things, apart from one, it was devastating to see how broken Wooyoung looked at school, after my injury I could tell he had lost weight and his eye bags looked deeper than the ocean but he wouldn't even come near me, he only ever looked at me from afar. There were many nights that I cried myself to sleep, missing his gentleness and his flirty self, it was hard, it still is, but I made it through and now I will have to face everything again. Or not.
I didn't just sit around these two months and waited for some miracle to happen and completely turn my life back to normal. Hell no. After I spilled every detail of my involvement with ATEEZ and how I was listening into every thing SKZ did Felix didn't even flinch. He wasn't in the least mad at me, he totally understood my side and said that all I did was to protect the ones I loved, he wasn't wrong but I was surprised he took it so lightly. He then told me why he joined SKZ, that was when I realized how messed up this situation is, I remember his exact words and how sad they made me then.
"I only joined SKZ cause I needed to know the truth, about my mother's death. I'm sure you'll remember Y/N, she died just one month before yours ... And in the same gruesome way ... Don't you think this is all too suspicious? They were both murdered and the police could never find their killer. I thought that if I had some power I would be able to catch the psycho that did it and end it all with my own hands."  I remember clear as day how furious and determined he looked that moment, I never knew he held such strong feelings towards his mother's death, of course I was devastated and depressed but not hopelessly angry and seeking out for justice with my own hands. He must have felt really helpless but he still managed to hide it so well from me and he was the one who stood by my side throughout my whole grieving process. Felix is definitely an outstanding person.
When he poured everything out I felt a bit empty and wondered what was the point of keeping this whole thing going, maybe I should've just told everything to my dad and let him deal with my self made problems. But of course I couldn't do that. Which is why I aksed if Felix had any idea of what I could do, that led him to explaining his plan to me. "Well I already knew you were double crossing us ... And it's not all bad. It made me do some digging on the Jung's, actually it was Lee Know who did the searching part, without Chan knowing of course. I wanted to find any vulnerabilities he may have, whatever it takes to bring him down so he can't control you anymore. And with the extremely gorgeous hacker Lee Know's amazing skills we found out that the big ringleader also had his wife murdered in a despicable way. Must be a big coincidence, right? Well I didn't think so either. After more background checks and history on the family we found out that Misses Jung used to live in Australia when she was a teenager, an interchange thing. That surely made me put some dots together."
"Of course I didn't just leave it at that, we went as far as to search in which school she studied and we were able to pull a photo. Y/N what we found.... it can't just be a coincidence. We managed to get a photo of the graduates and guess who was also in the picture." So engrossed in the image he was painting I easily imagined the image of my younger mother in her own graduate clothing smiling happily at the camera. "Was mine and your mother also in the picture?" "Bingo."
In order to find out more about our mother's lifes we would need to go to where it all began: Australia. But how? How would we even find a shred of evidence that points us to the killer? Well we still aren't too sure how but we know who will help us get the things we need: Mr. Mobster Jung Donghae.
I need to gain his trust somehow. We have a common enemy and I'm sure its in our best interest to take him down. He lost his wife, we lost our mothers and my gut feeling tells me these three killings are connected all I need is to explain that to him and to see if he'll lend a hand to us, that way we could bring down the person who took the lives of extraordinary women who I'm certain didn't deserve to die. Could it be that it was an passionate act? Like revenge or something. Hm I shouldn't dismiss it completely.
This cloudy and cold Sunday calls for hot chocolate and a cheesy romantic comedy, as I get the ingredients to make my fluffy cocoa I start wondering about life, these past two months I allowed myself to have more of a life outside the mafia. At first I thought it was unthinkable, an absurd to go and pull more people into my messy lifestyle but life is meant to be lived and that didn't stop me from trying to make friends.
The whole incident with Sang Hee made some people turn against her, not her minions though they remained loyal to their queen bee, but some girls that already held grudges on her took my side and befriended me. Six amazingly kind and beautiful girls held their hand out to me and took me out of the lonely dark path I was trailing and everyday I thank them for it, I know I would remain a bit lost if it weren't for them.
Thinking about them made me want to check out our group to see if anyone was online now