❥29

Y/N's POV - Present

What I thought would be a blue Sunday turned into an amazing time with great people and I will hold the memory dearly into my heart. After talking to Soojin I made my resolve: to find a killer on the loose. An ambitious wish but I'm feeling confident about this, there's nothing stopping me.
Monday arrives and realization dawns upon me: I would meet Wooyoung again. I'm still confused on how I should act around him but for the moment I'll try to avoid any unnecessary interactions with him and I should also remember that I still am Chan's girlfriend.
On my walk to school I distract myself by hearing some quality kpop VICTON - Mayday, I find it hard to not dance i  the middle of street but control myself as I spot some familiar faces heading towards the school as well, an exhausted looking Minnie comes my way, as she gets closer I worriedly ask her "What happened Minnie? You look.... not like your usual self." She takes a long sigh and pushes her hair back "It's the physics project that me and Yuqi were working on. Since I'm older I thought I could help her out since she asked so nicely..." a faint smile spread across her pink lips but they go away as quickly as they came "But I didn't expect for her to be such a disaster. And don't think I'm exaggerating, she nearly exploded my house. Don't ever let her near fire, understood!?" Minnie's eyes were popping out and she looked at me for confirmation, she must be traumatized from yesterday's events, I tried my best not to laugh at her sudden seriousness and promised to her. Before we notice we're already in front of the school's gate.
We part our ways and each of us head to our own classes, as I'm walking down the hallways I have the gut feeling someone is watching me, I'm usually right about this stuff so I check behind my back just to make sure: no one there. I shrug it off and keep making my way.
My first lesson is mathematics with Miss Chong, she was cold at first not being too sympathetic with me especially because of my lack of interest in her class which was also because I was struggling a bit with the Korean, math is math everywhere but speaking math in another language was simply a nightmare to me. Since I didn't have the same lesson as Felix in the first period I just felt like giving up and not paying any attention to what the teacher was drawing on the black board.
It was hard to stay awake so I just give up on learning anything today and decide to sleep, I grab my coat and place it in my desk taking one last glance at the room when I notice a pair of brown eyes all the way across the room staring intensely at my every move. The raven haired boy smirks my way and I instantly feel my cheeks redden by that intimidating look, Lee Know pushes his hair back in a extremely hot manner and words a teasing "good night" to me. I try to ignore how embarrassed I feel to be caught and just shove my head on my improvised pillow and just push the whispers of students and the sleep inducing voice of the teacher out, in no time I doze off without noticing that the cute hacker wasn't the only one observing me.
The bell ringing serves as a perfect alarm to wake me from my nap, almost all of the students are already rushing to their next lessons but I take my time grabbing my bag not worrying so much anymore, I'm no top student and I do just what's necessary to pass so I'm in no rush. Walking around the empty hallways always makes me a bit anxious but I try my best to shake it off, but the footsteps behind me are no hallucination. I quickly turn around and am met face to face with Chan, a big smile adorning his gorgeous features "Y/N. I missed you." Without having any time to respond he embraces me in such a loving way, nuzzling my head against his big chest, he caresses my hair and looks softly at me "I wish we could have more times like this, when we're just two normal high schoolers in love." In love. He said we're in love, he actually believes that and here I am holding on to feelings for another person, I don't want to hurt him but I can't keep this up anymore. I look up to Chan and remove myself from his strong arms "I should head to my class now, I'll see you around Chan." As I turn around I feel a tug on my hand and am forced to look back at him, his eyes looking serious just like he does whenever he's on charge. The sweet look on his face vanishes leaving the pure boy I saw just a minute ago, "Y/N tell me what's going on, no more excuses, do you want to leave me?" I am speechless at his blunt words, I can't continue to be this apathic person that just does as it comes, no more of that I am so done. "Yes Chan! I do want to leave you, I need follow my heart on this one, and it's telling me you're not the one. I apologize for hurting your feelings, but I won't apologize for enjoying the small precious time we had together." At this point I can't even see the man in front of me anymore, it's all a big mess of tears and emotions "I don't know if I loved you Chan but if you consider me even in the slightest way you will let me leave you, you will let me go. Please." Bang Chan looked longingly at me, the clueless girl who he quickly and probably unreasonably fell for, maybe it was platonic but he knows in his heart I don't belong to him, I never did. Unexpectedly he comes my way and cups my face like he did so many times before but now his touch is less loving, his slender fingers wipe away my tears and I finally look him in the eye. His eyes, so beautiful they were, now they hold such a miserable expression that almost makes me tear up again "Please don't cry again, it's a terrible look on you, I am not so selfish to the point I won't let you pursue your own happiness. You can go. Find your happiness, promise me you'll trace the blueprint to your dreams. That's all I ask." His request hits me in a whole new level, trace the blueprint to my dreams. I can't help but to smile at his kindness, I take his hands from my face and hold them in my smaller ones, I feel our warmth one last time and give a goodbye kiss in our blended hands, I thank him for everything he's done to me and he leaves with a bittersweet smile in his face.
Like a strong magnet the ground pulls me into its cold surface, my chest tightens and I forget how to breathe.
Even though we left in good terms, so to speak, I still feel like there's a heavy weight on my chest. I need to look at this situation with a clearer head. I need fresh air. Now.
I gather the courage to stand up and miss my next lesson, careful not to encounter with any of the school's workers. I make my way to a quiet garden at the back of the school's patio. It is a beautiful and serene place, I actually found it by mistake but now whenever I need some time alone to think I come here, it's my own secret spot. Here I dealt with all that's going on inside my head and now is not different. I'm sure my relationship, or whatever it was we had, is now over. I can only assume that with that I'm off SKZ as well, why does that make me sadder than breaking up with Chan? I did make some good memories with the boys, the idea of not talking to them again drills another whole in my chest, I would hate to not mess around with them anymore but they're not just normal teenagers and neither am I. Wishing we were what we're not won't change anything.
As I reminisce about our happy times heavy tears fall down my hot cheeks, the a gust of wind blows strongly on my face reflecting just how cold and empty I feel inside. A face crosses my mind, a person whom whenever I was with I always felt full, alive, with him it was worth living and experiencing things I used to think would never happen to me. With Wooyoung on my side I felt safe in the most dangerous situations, he is the one. The one I truly love. I want him by my side again.
Like a sign from the mischievous God above I feel his presence behind me, breathing down on my neck. His strong arms familiarly wrap around my smaller figure, needless of any warning or request, he knows in this moment that I am his. "I missed you so badly." Those words felt like true heaven to me, that weight being easily lifted with only five words, I meet his hands on my waist and hold onto them for what feels like forever. "Don't let me go again, no matter what I say, promise me, Wooyoung, you will stay." I anxiously wait for him to asnwer and he breaks our embrace, only to come face me and kiss me so passionately like he never has done before. The clash of our tongues heats up every inch of my body that craves for more, asks him to give me everything. His sly grip on my hip sends shivers down my spine,the feeling of being drawn to him takes me over as my hands instinctively grab his indescribably smooth hair, our love exchange feels renewed, as if this was our true first kiss.
Nothing could bring us apart now, it is just him and I, and I strongly feel he is the one who will help me trace my dream, my future life. With Wooyoung I am no longer afraid to face anything that comes my way.

We will be happy

‐--

The end

♡♡

+
-
+

---

Or not.... ;)