❥ 22

Bang Chan's POV- Past

When my mate Felix told me he finally convinced his father to leave for Korea I was glad but wasn't aware that there was a condition until the moment he arrived at the airport. Changbin and I went to pick him up and he stated that he wouldn't be coming to our compound, or home as the Strays like to call it, but a friend's house. Despite being a surprised I asked for Changbin to change our route and he took us to a place further away from all the commotion we were used to by being in the middle of Seoul, as we arrived I noticed the neighborhood was a simpler one, it looked family friendly and peaceful. I remember thinking that it would've been nice to live in such a easy sort of lifestyle but the thought easily slipped away when I started to think back on why I formed this mafia to begin with.

While we stared at the door Felix blurted out a strange idea: I could live with them. Imagining, even for just a second, a life apart from Stray Kids was crazy. But it sounded so compelling for some reason, a chance for a little bit of freedom. Maybe they could live without me for a while and I could stay with Felix in his friend's house. What could go wrong?
I released Changbin to his usual duties and stayed along with my mate. Before knocking I remember how I lied to my father that I would move out of my old, crappy and cramped apartment to stay with Felix somewhere else but I had no idea it would be in someone's house he knew here in Seoul, this could go south really easily. "Oi Felix, did you know about this?" for a moment the ginger just looked at me cautiously and nodded "Our dads talked and... it's all settled now Chan, please don't kill me." I wouldn't kill him, at least not in front of the whole neighborhood, of course. This boy is truly a mastermind, no doubt an essencial member to my mafia, this betrayal won't be forgotten though.
After finishing our discussion I gave one last look at the tranquil sunrise and roughly knocked on the front door, a minute later a tall man in his mid forties came out and gave us a small smile not without analyzing the both of us.

From that day onward I had made only one mistake: falling for Y/N. That was, without any doubt, the stupidest thing I've done. Instead of staying away from her I let my emotions take control and allowed myself to enjoy her presence, whenever she was around it was guaranteed that I would have a good time. Every aspect about her made me drawn in... which was a bad thing but I ignored it for a long time, until now.

Her dad caught us "on the act" and there was no going around that, all of us were put on a tough spot. The head of police asked his daughter to leave the room and we were left alone, even though I've already been in way deadlier situations this actually left me a bit worried for my lifespan. Don't judge me, I am a mafia leader living under the roof of a cop (actually the highest member of the police) and I was making out with his daughter right in front of his face. I had reasons to be at least freaked out.

"You come into my house, I give you food, a roof, respect and this is what you repay me with boy? I am a reasonable man, I know about your previous situation, your father told me all about it." he looked at me with a sympathetic look on his face, if he only knew the truth I don't think he would be as sympathetic "BUT, I won't allow this sort of behavior on my house anymore. What do you feel about a deal?" I was at his mercy and he knew it so I simply had to agree to whatever terms he came up with. "How about you and Felix get a job, raise money for a month, and get yourselves your own house? Meanwhile you can still live here, keeping your distance from Y/N, of course." And I had to agree to that, we both shook hands and went to our rooms.

Y/N's POV - Present

Life went on after the whole incident with Chan. I was able to catch up with the school assignments I missed on Monday and everything seems to be back to normal. The whole week passed by without any big eventful moments, good thing for my ever so sensitive heart. I did start to hang around with Stray Kids more, the whole spying on them is still going so I always keep my ears open for any slips they might make, any detail worth reporting back to ATEEZ, but they never say anything related to the mafia when they're at school so I only sit back and enjoy my time with the boys, who can be very entertaining in their own crazy way.