❥ 24

Y/N's POV - Present

As if to answer my doubts about Stray Kids being right here in the same room, Wooyoung discreetly drags us further away from the voices we heard. When he is sure we're relatively alone he starts speaking "So Y/N, I didn't want to tell you this before so you wouldn't freak out but Stray Kids was also invited to this party." Of course. All of this was part of their plan and I was the only one in the dark here. Coolcoolcool. My eyes nervously search around us for anything suspicious and I start to get paranoid by simply knowing that tonight won't be as ordinary as I wanted it to be. "Hey, look over here, tonight they'll seal a deal with one of ours and we can't allow that, understand?" When my gaze is entirely concentrated on his I can tell that his usually bright and innocent doe eyes have turned fifty shades darker and meaner, it is now I fully realize with whom I'm dealing with: the mobster's son. His familiar touch on my cheek makes me cower away from him, he's never been anywhere near aggressive to me but right now he isn't himself, he roughly grabs my arm and forcefully takes us back to the crowded room.

The place is swarmed by loud and tense classical music that makes me want to crawl into a whole and never get out, the stranger next to me gets closer to my ear and purposely places my shaking hand on his back, "If anything goes sideways, take this, your daddy taught you to use a gun, right?" when my hand gets more familiar with the outlines of his smooth tux I notice a strange hard thing pressing back on my hand, it wasn't this obvious before he told me that but now my heart desperately reacts by strongly thumping in my chest signaling me that this will become a dangerous situation. His dangerously void of any emotion eyes never left mine and I can't find the words to express how much I want to get the hell out of here.

Knowing that things could turn sideways makes me extremely nervous but I try my best to focus on something else. My eyes uneasily wander around the room until two familiar figures catch my attention, both are almost the same height but their ginger and blond hair instinctively tell me they're the Bang Chan and Lee Felix I know so little about. The two of them are dressed accordingly to this fancy type of party and it still surprises me to see them here probably doing some sort of illegal transactions with these people, to my relief neither of them noticed my presence here but my nerves are still getting the best of me. As I discreetly stare at the two far away figures a middle age man with a well polished cain approaches them with a huge smile plastered across his previously serious face. Wooyoung signals me that this is the powerful man who's going behind ATEEZ's back, the grey haired boy closes in on me and lowly whispers "There's a big chance he'll rat us out to SKZ, we won't let that happen, understood?" with his blatant statement I can't do anything other than simply nod. My gaze focuses on the old man who goes around the room for another long ten minutes chatting away with anyone he recognizes, it is until he comes towards us that my heart stares thumping even faster than when I'm gambling my life away. His slender figure stands right before us and any polite words I have to offer get stuck in my throat, Wooyoung leads the way by charming the old guy with a bright smile and a smooth "Good evening Mr Coyle, how's business? And your wife?" I notice that even though his phrase is ordinary it has a lingering feeling of a threat and the mister notices as well and his face shows it by slightly frowning at the statement and answers it anyway "Everything is going as always and Evelyn is great as well. How's your father? I haven't seen him here yet." His questions sounds genuine, I wouldn't have realized he was going behind their backs, this man sounds so confident and self assured yet his life lays on the hands of a teenager. The same teen holds me not so delicately and brings my right hand behind my back and fudges with it for the rest of this terrible conversation. "My father decided to sit this one out, anything related to our business can be dealt with me. I just saw you talking to our mortal enemies, what were you discussing? Anything I should know about?" There it was again: that look on his face. This man knows he will be damned for his foul actions, but for now he tries to stand tall and act as if he isn't terrified of what this boy can do to him. "Nothing you would care about, Woo. This is grown up stuff you couldn't possibly understand." Silence. Only for a moment. The people near us could sense the now dangerous atmosphere, deep in my gut I know this is one of those times in which life gives you two choices: Fight or Flight. The scene before me doesn't seem real. An old man furiously hanging onto me as if he is holding for dear life isn't what I had in mind for tonight. His chubby hands nervously search for some pointy object in his coat pocket, while keeping a suffocating grip on my bear neck, it is then that he almost shoved it to my throat with a palpable fury. My eyes start burning from the tears that unwillingly spur free, the blurry vision doesn't stop me from seeing the furious look on his face, his face clenches hard and he looks at me for a fraction of a second, those eyes silently instruct me and I am fully aware of what I need to do. Almost as if it is a involuntary movement my left hand meets the cold metal and my fingers pull the safety, just like my father taught me long ago when we went out into the woods to shoot at cans. The old man was too late to stop me. Without much thought I pull the trigger, knowing it could kill this man, knowing that it saves my life.
Relief. Relief of not having a sharp blade directly at your neck where it could've killed me. Not relief of having the same man that did it being weightlessly thrown into the polished marble floor without a second thought. For that I feel scared. And vulnerable. The mortal object still loosely hangs around my shaky hands. My hands are nastily spotted with his blood. I have been in shock before, when I heard the awfully tragic news of my mother's murder, and I know what I am feeling now is about the same thing. If it wasn't for Wooyoung's strong arms I would've fallen in this exact moment of despair. But he has me and he takes me away. Gone. For now.

——————
Short chapter just to make you guys remember that this fic is still alive I'm just a bit busy with school. Hehe. The UK is pretty nice but I'm definitely not used to the cold. I'll try to update as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Mandy