Stalker

" Three people have seemed to have left the case. "

   " What? "

   " Yes, they left saying how they show their faces to the public and how I don't have to show my face. "

   " That's idiotic. They joined the task force for a reason. "

   " I agree. Completely. "

   " Was one of them the man we hired to follow Light? "

   " No. He is still on the case. "

   " I still don't like that you are sending him after Light. It feels weird. "

   " I know it does but there are one hundred and forty-one people on the task force who have access to classified information. So it could be one of them or someone close to them. We have to. "

   " I understand. "

   " Don't let your feelings for Light get in the way of the investigation Y/n.  "

   " Feelings? "

   " You love him do you not? "

   " I don't. We are just friends. "

   " I see. "

We continued to work. I organized papers and filed them and helped him think about possible theories. I had been working for three days in this case. Today was the only day I helped him while skipping school at the same time. He said my grades would be fine and that I'll still graduate with perfect attendance. So I stayed the day with him in his hotel suite sorting through papers. I looked at the time and saw that it was late.

   " I have to go L. I have a test tomorrow and I need to get home to sleep and study in the morning. "

   " Alright. I'll have Watari drop you off. "

   " Thanks. I'll see you later. "

   " In two days to be exact. "

   " Yes, cause I have work tomorrow. "

   " You can't quite that bakery now you know. Light will get suspicious. "

   " You seem like you want to focus on Light instead of the other people the investigators are watching. "

   " Well, I gotta focus on 1 person at a time. "

   " Right. Bye L. "

   " Bye, Y/n. "

I walked through the door with Watari following behind me. We walked to the garage beside the hotel and he drove us away from the hotel L was staying in. Watari dropped me off by the bus stop. 

   " Thank you, Watari. "

   " Have a good night Miss Y/n. "

I got out of the car and started walking towards my house. 

   " Y/n! "

I turned around and saw Light running up to me. He had a small smile on his face. When he reached me he gave me a small hug. we continued walking with his arm around my shoulder keeping me close.

   " I missed you at school and cram school today. Where were you? "

   " I was doing work. "

   " At the bakery? "

   " Kind of. The bakery has gotten popular lately and we are going to expand. Since the boss is away on vacation she asked me to set up the meeting and to help expand. "