' He '

( Flashback )

   " Maybe he knew what they were doing? "

   " But I was the only one they bullied as they did. They just stole everyone else's money. It just strikes me as weird. "

   " It does seem a bit odd, but I don't care. "

   " What? "

_____________

   " You haven't done anything wrong. You are just an innocent bystander. Kira doesn't have a reason to hurt you. He'll have to kill me first if he tries to get you. He only goes after the bad people in the world. You are certainly not one of them. "

   " Thanks, Light. "

He paid for breakfast, even though I said I would, and we left.

   " Do you want to just walk around the park? The breeze still feels nice this morning. "

( Flashback Over )

   ' He's always referred to Kira as ' he '. I know it might be a small detail worth nothing but in this case, it might mean something. I hate to suspect Light, but I'm starting to feel suspicious. '

   " Y/n are you alright? "

I looked up to see Ryuzaki standing in front of me. The task force had all their eyes looking at me.

   " I'm fine. I was just thinking. "

   " Did you happen to hear what I said? "

   " No. "

   " That's alright, but please enlighten me what you were thinking about. "

   " I will..."

I looked at Light who was focused on his work. He was writing his script for Kira. It took him a couple of tries. By now it was dark outside. I was recalling my memories of the times we talked about Kira while trying to stay in reality for the investigation.

   ' I lost track of time. '

   " ...once I finish my thought. "

I stood up and walked to the kitchen and leaned against the counter.

   ' How could Light know Kira is male? Kira has as much chance of being female as Kira does being male. '

   " Y/n please let me know what thought you have in your head. You stared at the same spot for hours thinking and that can only mean you are thinking about something important. "

I looked up to once again see Ryuzaki. He walked further into the room and stood in front of me.

   " It's just a small thought. "

   " It's not small. We both know that. "

   " It's just Light as always referred to Kira as a ' he '. Kira has a 50% chance of being female and a 50% chance of being male. So, why refer to him as if he is a male? It's a small detail but it's one that came to mind. With how Light has been acting and with his demeanor changing I'm starting to feel suspicious. "

   " Looks like I was wrong about your feelings getting in the way. When have you noticed his change in demeanor? "

   " Today. When you shook his hand. It seemed more sinister. "

    " I thought I was the only one who noticed. "

   " No, you weren't. Remember why I came to this investigation. You say it a lot. We share the same skill. "

   " Yes. You've done a good job. You have met my standards and exceeded them. "

He came closer and put his hand on my head. He rubbed my head as he stood in front of me and I leaned on the counter.

   ' How many times do I find myself in a position like this with him? '

   " Thank you. "

   " I'll think about what you said with the Kira being male or female and how Light pronounces Kira. I'll have to pay attention to that more. "

   " Ruyzaki what are you doing to Y/n? "

Ryuzaki and I looked towards the doorway and saw Light standing there with the paper in his hand. He looked calm but I could see in his eyes he held anger.

   " Congratulating Y/n on how good of a job she is doing. She has just told me some information that could be useful. Information that I seem to have missed. "

   " Oh, I see. Would you mind taking your hand off of her head, please? As her boyfriend, it makes me uncomfortable seeing you two in that position. "

   " As you wish. Is your script done? "

   " Yes. Come see how it looks. "

Ryuzaki took his hand off of my head and followed Light out of the kitchen. I followed as well and waited to hear his response on Light's script. I fixed my hair as I walked to a couch.

   " I think you've done an excellent job with this. However, if we don't omit the part that says ' You're free to kill L. ' then I'm going to end up dead. "

   " Sorry, I guess I got carried away playing the part. I figured if I was him I would demand that you would be killed. I was improvising. Feel free to change it to whatever you'd like. " Light said laughing.

   ' It's almost as if he is teasing Ryuzaki. '

   " Sounds good. "

We waited for Ryuzaki to make his changes and then he said it was time.