Working too Hard

" But seeing as I only had three photographs to work with my deduction was perfect. " Light said.

   " No, it wasn't. The truth is there were four of them. If you'd figure that out it would have been perfect Even though you knew the message wasn't complete you decided that there were only three notes. You never even considered there might be a fourth. Y/n here thought of the perfect deduction. I would expect nothing less since she is my partner and she succeeded my expectations. We truly do think alike Y/n. What do you make of that, Light? "

   " Well, you got me there. I didn't think of that. I any case the likely hood this message will lead you to Kira is not very great. Besides, we all know the gods of death don't exist. "

   " Then, if you were me faced to someone who might be Kira how would you go about establishing this person's innocence or guilt you need to be absolutely sure.  "

   " I would probably try to get him to say something that was never made public in any way. Something that only Kira could know. Kind of like what you were doing just now.  "

   " Truly amazing. What's incredible is that I've asked countless detectives that same question and it took most of the minutes to come up with an answer. But you, you immediately thought of scenarios in which Kira is speaking directly to the investigator. I'm impressed. You'll make a fine detective Light."

   " But it's a bit of a double-edged sword. The more impressive the answers the more of a suspect I become. "

   " Yes, it's about 3% now. However, it's made me that much more determined to work with you on this investigation..."

They continued to talk but I just drank my drink. Either way, Ryuzaki would benefit from working with Light. We all know this. I put my empty cup down and decided I would listen and not worry about other things. The last time I did that Ryuzaki might have mentioned meeting Light as he did.

   " ...I'd be more convinced if say my father or someone from the task force was able to confirm your identity. If you can't do that then I just won't be able to help you. "

   " I don't remember saying you couldn't meet anyone from task force headquarters to verify my identity. I am currently working alongside your father as well as several other detectives from the NPA. Now, if I understand you correctly if I take you to task force headquarters you'll help with the investigation. Am I safe in making this assumption? If so then I can also assume you don't trust your girlfriends' words either since she told you a few seconds ago before sitting down at the table. "

His phone started to ring and he excused himself to answer it. Light and I sat still as he answered. Then Light's went off. I prayed mine wouldn't go off. 

   " Yes? Light it's your-"

   " My father had a heart attack. "

We all jumped into Ryuzakis limo and Watari drove us to the hospital. When we reached the hospital we ran to his room and all three of us went inside. Light talked to his mother for a bit and then we all took a seat beside the bed. 

   " It seems I've been pushing myself a bit too hard lately. "

   " Indeed. It must have added to your stress knowing Light is a suspect in this investigation. " Ryuzaki said

   " You actually told my father that?  "

   " Yes, in fact, I've told him everything along with Y/n. It's true that they know I am L. "

   " That's correct. This man is L. To protect his identity we on the task force call him Ryuzaki but make no mistake it's him. "

   " I told you Light. " I said leaning back in my chair. 

I changed positions and laid my head in my arms on the bed and yawned. It was dark by the time we reached the hospital. I was tired. Mr. Yagami wasn't the only one pushing himself. I'm surprised I haven't had a heart attack yet. Mr. Yagami put his hand on my head and rubbed my head like a child wanting to sleep.

   " I'll explain it once more, not long ago Kira killed 12 FBI agents who came to Japan to assist us. They were instructed to follow people connected to the Japanese police. One of the agents, Raye Penber, exhibited unusual behavior before he died. "

   " I understand. I was one of the people Raye Penber was investigating when he died. It would only make sense that I'm a suspect. "

   " I find Light's deductive skills quite impressive. He's always quick and to the point "

   " Well, that's Light Yagami for you. " I said holding in my yawn. 

From there I started to zone out. I was getting quite sleepy. I felt Mr. Yagami's hand leave my head and was replaced with another hand but this one was a little colder. I looked up and saw that Ryuzaki was the one rubbing my head in a soft matter. I smiled and laid my head back down and shut my eyes as I listened to them talk. Then a nurse came in the room.

   " I'm sorry but visiting hours were over 10 minutes ago. "

We said goodbye and left. When we got outside the talking started again. At this point, my drowsiness was overtaking me, and my vision blurred a bit. But I pretended I was fine.

   " Ryuga, what would it take to get you to believe that I'm not Kira? Please isn't there something? "

   " If you aren't Kira it won't be necessary. Let things run their course and the truth will be revealed. "

   " I can't take this anymore! Put yourself in my position. How do you think it feels to be accused of being Kira!? "

   " It was one of the worst feelings ever. Y/n would know this feeling as well."

   " What if you were to lock me up for a month with a place with no TV or any other kind of access to the outside world and keep a constant watch over me? "

   " That's no good. I can't do anything that would deprive you of basic human rights and furthermore it's complete nonsense for the investigator to take suggestions from his suspect. "

   " I understand. "

   " Don't worry so much. Be patient it'll become apparent to us if you're not Kira and listening to that conversation between you and your father I was almost convinced that you might not be him. Light, please take good care of Mr. Yagami. "

   " One more thing. I know I agreed to help with the investigation but I don't think I'll be able to do much until my father is healthy again. "

   " Yes, of course. Well then... "

As the limo drove away my vision got even more blurry. I could still hear Light talking, but I couldn't see who he was talking to. He said the name ' Ryuk ', but I couldn't see anybody. My ears started to ring and eventually I couldn't hear.

   " Light? "

I could see his figure turn and shout my name, but I couldn't stand any longer. Before I knew it I passed out. 

( Light's P.O.V. ) 

   " Light? "

I turned around and realized Y/n was still there.

   ' I forgot she was there. Ryuzaki and my father's heart attack got me so riled up I forgot she was here. How much did she hear me talking to Ryuk? '

She looked pale and dizzy. Then she started to fall and her eyes closed.

   " Y/n! "

I caught her before she hit the ground. I turned her around and looked at her pale face. Her forehead was cold. 

   ' Dad wasn't the only one who pushed themselves to hard. With exams and working for the task force, I can see why she and dad are in the conditions they are in. '

   " Did she hear you talking to me? " Ryuk asked flying beside me. 

   " I don't know Ryuk. We'll find out when she wakes up. "

I called a cab and waited for it. Then I took Y/n home with me. I laid her on my bed and covered her up. 

   ' All she needs is a good rest. '

I leaned down and kissed her forehead and turned the lights out.