He's Here

" I thought no one was allowed to see the cameras at the Yagami house but you and Mr. Yagami? "

   " That's true but you will be viewing them with us because as I've said before we started this together you will be with me through every step of the way. You are still under surveillance as well. "

   " Sure. "

I looked through all the cameras as Ryuzaki answered Mr. Yagami's question. I watched the cameras until I saw movement in the camera facing the front door.

   " Your son has come home. " Ryuzaki said.

Light didn't do anything but walk to his room and sit at his desk. He turned his TV on. The news popped up. I couldn't see what he was doing at his desk. He just had his arm folded over a book and was watching the TV. then he left again.

   ' Why is he leaving so much? '

( Time Skip )

   " In the past few days, I've listened to all of our audio recordings and reviewed the video footage we captured. I've gone over them many times and I've come to a conclusion. "

We were all sitting in the living room and watched as Ryuzaki was eating his candy while explaining to everyone what he has concluded for the past few days. These past few days I've been studying for the entrance exams so I haven't been that focused on the case. Staying here at the hotel 24/7 hasn't helper either. Light would always call me but I had to turn him down. 

   " Our surveillance of the Kitamura and Yagami households have revealed nothing. "

He brought the peanut butter and chocolate treat up to his mouth and ate it.

   " What about my surveillance? "

   " You are off the hook Y/n. Your percentage has gone down quite a bit, but there is still a percentage. Because you were with me day and night I was able to observe everything you do. Killings still went on and you never saw who died. I wouldn't allow you to watch TV. So you are off the hook. "

   " Good. "

I saw Mr. Yagami take a breath before he spoke up again eating another peanut butter sweet.

   " We will remove the cameras and wiretaps. "

   " All that and we still don't have any suspects. " Matsuda said with a small amount of tiredness.

   " It's okay Matsuda. We'll have to pursue other leads, but we'll get him. " Mr. Yagami said perking up.

   " Please don't get the wrong idea. " 

Everyone turned and looked at Ryuzaki. Since I haven't been involved in the case for the past few days I knew only a little about what would have to be done. I didn't focus on the suspects at all.

   " I only said that we were unable to reveal anything suspicious based on our surveillance. "

   " What? " Mr. Yagami asked.

   " Even if Kira was among them I'm sure he wouldn't make it obvious. No, in fact, it could mean he was able to continue killing without doing anything outwardly suspicious. "

   " Well, then you believe Kira is among one of those families? "

   " As I've said there's a 5% chance. "

It all went quiet and Ryuzaki went into thought as I sat in my seat. I only thought of math equations to remember. That night I stayed behind to help Ryuzaki think. I wasn't much help but I did what I could. I left and went home and collapsed on my bed. The next day I woke up and changed clothes. I grabbed my pencil and calculator and left the house. Today was the exam day. I walked down the road and saw Light as I walked. 

   " Hey, Light. "

   " Hey, Y/n. Are you ready for the exams? "

   " Yup. I've been studying non-stop. "

   " Good. Let's get a move on so we aren't late then. "

   " Yeah. "

I grabbed his hand as we walked to the building. He held mine back as we got on the subway and towards the entrance exam building. We walked inside with 3 minutes to spare. I kissed Light on the cheek and whispered,

   " Good luck. "

He did the same to me and we walked to our scheduled seats. I waited for the test to start.

   " And begin! "

I picked up my paper and started answering all the questions. I stayed focused on my paper and got it quickly finished. It was easy. I started to recheck when the teacher walked up the steps toward the back. I didn't pay any attention to it until he said,

   " You there, student number 162. Sit properly in your chair. "

I turned around and saw Ryuzaki sitting in the third row away from Light. Light turned around as well and their gazes connected. They continued to gaze at each other until Light turned around. I turned around as well and waited for the next exam. 

   ' Why is he here? '