The Death of the World's Greatest Detective

Once I made it downstairs I saw everyone gathered around the criminal dressed as Lawliet.

   " Has he told you all the plan yet? " I asked with a soft voice

   " No." Matsuda said worriedly looking at me.

   " The plan is that we are going to use a criminal that is supposed to be executed over 13 days and he will write the name in the Death Note. "

   " Why? We already know it works. "

   " But, some of the rules could be wrong. "

   " But still, sacrificing a human life-"

   " We are very close! If we work this out, the entire case will be solved. " I said in a tone Lawliet would use.

The alarm started blaring immediately after the lights went out and everything turned red. All data was erased from the system. It said so on the computers. Everyone started freaking out and wondering what the hell was going on but I knew exactly what was happening.

   " I told Watari to erase all of the information in the event that something were to happen to him. "

This time it was Lawliet's voice I heard. I looked around and saw a speaker on the desk.

   ' He must be speaking through it. '

   " If something were to happen? " Aizawa questioned.

   " Could it be..." Matsuda said joining in on the questioning.

   " Where is the shinigami? " I asked.

No one could seem to find Rem anywhere. Not even Light. It seems my plan is working so far.

   " Everyone the shinigami-"

Lawliet spoke through the speaker but stopped when the man in his position started to shake. The criminal fell out of his chair and Light caught him.

   ' Pretend this is actually happening. Y/n pretend Lawliet is actually dead. '

   " Ryuzaki! " I shouted.

I ran to the other side of him as Light held him. I felt tears come to my eyes once again imagining if this situation was real. I glanced at Light and saw a small smile. The criminal's eyes slowly closed. Light's smirk went away. I felt the tears leave my eyes one by one.

   " Hey! Ryuzaki! Come on! Snap out of it! " Light screamed

   " What's happening? "

   " What's going on? "

   " Ryuzaki! " I shouted.

Light continued to scream. Then it all went silent. Light continued to scream and yell for Rem. Eventually, they all stood up and ran out of the room. It was only Mogi and me.

   " Mogi, can I be alone, please. I just want to..."

Mogi nodded and laid the body in my lap. I cried and cried over the body until I heard Mogi's footsteps were gone. I laid my head on the body and put the letter that Ryuzaki wrote in the pocket of the, now dead, criminal. I continued to cry. The others came back down the stairs and made a circle around me. I felt arms wrap around me and I noticed it was Light. He was hugging me tightly from behind. The doors opened and four men walked inside. They had two stretchers.

   " We were told that two people had died. "

   " What? How-"

   " Look. "