The End Pt. 2

I could tell Light did not like the fact that Near was wearing a mask that resembled Lawliet's face.

   " That's them. Those four are the SPK and the one wearing the mask is Near. "

   " Hang on. am I the only one who sees something wrong? He can go around accusing people of catching Kira, But the fact that he is wearing a mask says that he's only trying to protect himself, not anyone else. " Matsuda said outraged.

   " It's just a precaution. There is a good possibility that Kira has already seen the faces of everyone in this warehouse, except for mine. In fact, he may be writing your names down as we speak. So, I'd like to wait for one hour. No, make it 30 minutes. That should give us more than enough time to see if anyone is being controlled before they die."

   " Huh? What? You're gonna wait and see if we die? "

   " Matsuda calm down, please. "

Once I asked that of him he did. It was quiet as we waited 30 minutes. Rain dripped from the ceiling and splashing around. Matsuda looked stressed by the situation.

   " Near what is this? It's already passed 30 minutes! "

   " It's because Kira's not here with us yet. No one's died yet. " Light explained for him.

   " Very well. I'll remove my mask now. "

He slowly took off his mask and when he did he smiled at them.

   " There is no real point of this mask now. Especially since the real L is here. "

   " What do you mean? " Matsuda asked.

Lawliet stepped out from behind the agent and walked to the other side of Near. His hands were stuck in his pockets and he gave them the same look he always gives. The task force was shocked. Light especially.

   " Ryuzaki! How are you alive? " Matsuda continued to scream.

   " Before Rem could kill me I was able to make a deal with her beforehand. I knew what was going to happen and accepted my fate until I changed my mind. What you saw was a criminal dressed like me faking my death. The same goes for Watari. He is still alive. "

   " Where have you been all this time? "

   " I've been hiding in a secret room in the Task Force building. When you all abandoned it I roamed around there freely. "

   ' He's lying so Light won't kill me later if he lives. '

   " Y/n did you know about this? "

   " No, not at all. I found out today when we traveled here and he got in the car. "

   " Are you going to help Near? "

   " I've only helped him a little. The world believes I have died and that is how I want it to remain. So Near has taken my spot as my successor. This fight is now between him and Kira. "

After that, it went quiet. Light looked joyful still.

   " You're quiet, Near. What's wrong? Are you still waiting for something? "

   " Waiting. That's an excellent choice of words. Yes, I am waiting. For the arrival of the one who will solve everything, once and for all.

   " Someone else is supposed to clear this up? " Ide asked

   " He'll be here soon. It's only a matter of time. There's only one entrance to this building. And the only way to look inside is by opening that door. That means he will either walk through that door or at least open it and peek through. "