The End Pt. 1

3 Days Passed

It was raining outside. Near wanted to contact L before the day got too long.

   " Good morning, everyone. "

   " Good morning. "

   " First of all, in regards to Misa Amane, we've already set her free. You may call her to confirm it. "

   " All right, Near. I need you to connect me with Mogi. We have the notebook locked away here. In order to open it, we need the pin number from each member of the team."

   " Understood. I'll connect him to you immediately. "

I turned to Lawliet and we walked a little distance away.

   " It's almost over. "

   " Yes, it is. "

   " I'm nervous, that something is going to mess up. "

   " Don't be. Like you said you have succeeded me and you should be confident. It'll all end out fine. "

   " What are you going to do once this is all over? "

   " I plan on going back to London. When I get there I want to be an investigator for the police. "

   " You don't want to take back your title as the greatest detective in the world? "

   " No. Now that everyone thinks I'm dead no one knows what I look like so I'll be free to do what I wish. I want to go back to London and continue to use my skills as a detective. If Near ever needs me again I'll answer his call. "

   " That sounds, nice. "

   " Yes, it does. Why don't you come with me? "

   " What? "

   " Come with me to London. We could both be great investigators down there. "

   " I don't know. Let's just get through this first and I'll tell you my answer after we live. "

   " Alright. I understand. "

We walked back to Near. He had ended the call with Light. We all gathered in a car together and started driving away from the Taskforce building. The rain hit the car and I realized how well the scene fit.

   ' Someone's going to die today and it rains. How convenient. '

We made it to the building before anyone else could. I stood beside Near as he crouched and put on a mask that resembled Lawliet.

   " L get behind one of my agents and we will surprise them. "

   " That's just what I was thinking. "

Lawliet got behind the biggest out of them. Aizawa came in first to make sure we were there and then left. I felt my heart start to beat as I felt the pressure of the situation.

   " Calm down Y/n. It'll all be fine. "

I nodded and waited for them to walk in. I could hear their footsteps as it leads to the doors. Finally, the door was pulled open and I could see the Task Force standing there. Light was standing in the middle of them. The Task Force members walked into the room and stood a distance from us.