Warning Pt. 2

I followed Light as we walked towards the diner he picked out. I held Light's hand as he held mine back.

   " Light I have a quick question before the date continues. "

   " I have the answer if you ask. "

   " What about Kiyomi Takada? I thought you two went on a date? "

   " We did go on a date, but it doesn't mean she's my girlfriend. I never asked her to be my girlfriend. I just thought I would take her out on a date and see how it went. It didn't go well. "

   " Oh, I'm sorry. "

   " Don't be sorry. It made me realize I didn't like her as much as I liked you. "

   " So, you asked her out because you liked her? "

   " At the time I thought that I would try and get over you because I didn't think it would happen, but I couldn't see her that way. "

   " Oh. I see. "

   " Here's the breakfast place. "

   " It looks nice Light. "

   " Thanks. I thought it would be a great place to eat breakfast. "

We walked inside and took a seat at a booth and waited for a waitress. The waitress came to our table and took our order and left us alone at the booth. It felt a little awkward but I knew I had to start a conversation with him for L's sake and mine.

   " So, Light, how's being popular? "

   " Not so bad. "

   " How so? "

   " You know everyone and no one picks on you. "

   " Wow, rub it in Light. That gave me flashbacks. "

   " Think about the present. Rai and Horie aren't here anymore. They both died of heart attacks. "

   " That's something that seems weird to me. "

   " How? "

The waitress brought our food to our table and set the check down on the table. She left Light and me to eat our breakfast.

   " Kira always went after criminals. People who did terrible things on the news. Why would he or she go after two high school seniors? "

   " Maybe he knew what they were doing? "

   " But I was the only one they bullied as they did. They just stole everyone else's money. It just strikes me as weird. "

   " It does seem a bit odd, but I don't care. "

   " What? "

   " I never liked Rai and Horie. They always bullied you and beat you Y/n. I was always there to help you, but I hated them for doing that to you. Kira has my thanks for those two. "

   " Light that seems a little harsh. They were just high schoolers. Sure, they bullied me, but I don't think they deserved death. "

   " We've had this discussion before Y/n. "

   " I know, but it just won't leave my thoughts. "

   " I know, but you have to leave the past behind. "

He reached across the table and held my hand, and showed me that his eyes were filled with love and care. 

   " They are gone. It's too late to do anything about that. They're gone and there's nothing we can do about it Y/n. "