Sick

I woke up and sat up on the bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked around the room. 

   ' Oh yeah, I fell asleep at Ryuzaki's place. '

I felt really cold. I pulled the blankets up to my shoulders and hugged them close to me. I felt a sneeze start to come and when I did I sneezed twice. 

   ' Don't tell me I'm sick. I can't be sick. ' 

I got up from the bed and left the guest room. I walked to the living room and saw Ryuzaki sitting on the couch with his laptop and come papers scattered around. I couldn't tell if he noticed me or not.

   " Morning Y/n. "

   ' He did notice I was awake. '

   " Morning. *Achoo! * "

   " How are you feeling? "

   " Cold and sickly. "

   " As I thought. You fell asleep last night and I predicted you would get sick. "

   " I'm not sick. I'm fine. "

   " Y/n," he said sternly.

He stood up and walked closer to me. He set his hand on my forehead. Then, he put his hands on both of my cheeks. He pulled away and looked at me with a kind and stern look.

   " You are very warm, Y/n. You said you were cold? "

   " Yeah. I can do work. Let me just-"

   " Y/n. "

He placed his hands on my shoulders and continued to look at me with sternness but kindness. He held my shoulders softly.

   " You had a terrible night and now you have woken up with a cold. You are not going to work today. It will be just the task force and me. You can go to the guest room and relax. "

   " Ryuzaki I know last night was terrible, but I won't let that affect my work. "

   " I know you won't let it but I won't let you work. I care about you and I want you to rest. I want you to get better. Go rest. "

   " I'm going to the kitchen. "

I left Ryuzaki's form and walked to the kitchen. I looked through all the cabinets and bound a bowl. I grabbed some soup in a can and poured it in the bowl. I put it in the microwave and set the clock for a minute. When I turned around I found Ryuzaki right behind me. I felt myself jump.

   " Ryuzaki you scared me. You're too quiet. "

   " And you're to sick to be up. "

   " Ryuzaki I-I *Achoo* I'm fine. "

   " Clearly not. I'll make you a deal. "

   " What's the deal? "

   " You can rest in the living room with me if you don't do any work. "

   " What's good about staying with you in the living room? "

   " You won't be staying in your room the whole time. Deal? "

   " I guess. "

   " Good. Go sit on the couch I'll get your soup. "

   " Okay. "

I walked to the couch and sat down. I saw a blanket behind it and grabbed it. I wrapped it around myself to get warm and I waited on Ryuzaki. He walked into the living room with a bowl of soup. He handed the bowl to me with a spoon and he handed me some medicine. I took notice of Watari not being there.

   " Where's Watari? "

   " He's getting groceries. "

   " I see. When will the task force be here? "

   " Two hours. "

   " Okay. "

   " Light will be coming in later since he has to go to To-Oh University today. "

   " I don't have to go until tomorrow I think. "

   " Yes. That's right. "

   " This will give me time to think of what to say to Light. " I whispered.

   ' What do I even say to Light? '

I started thinking about how to word my sentences right. I didn't know what to say. He had been my childhood friend and best friend since forever so it's kind of hard to think of anything. I started thinking back to the other night.

( Flashback )

I walked inside and she shut the door behind me and I walked up the stairs going to Light's room. The door was opened a crack and I could see inside the room. I saw Light kneeling on the ground-hugging a girl. She had blonde hair and they looked happy. I recognized her face instantly. It was the model and singer Misa Amane. Neither of them saw me. I slowly and quietly walked away from his door and down the stairs. I was shaking badly. I felt tears reach my eyes.

   ' It all makes sense. '

   " Y/n, dear, are you okay? "

   " I'm not feeling well, Mrs. Yagami. I'll be leaving now. "

   " Are you sure you don't want to stay? "

   " Positive. Please have a good night. If you could don't mention I was here to Light. He was really busy and I would hate to have him hear we didn't get to say hi. "

   " I won't say a word to him. "

   " Thank you, Mrs. Yagami. "

I walked outside and felt it start to rain. I let my tears out letting the rain conceal them.

( Flashback Over )

I felt a couple of tears leave my eyes as I thought about what happened. I let them fall as I started to piece together what to say.

   " Hey..." A soft kind voice said.

   " Y-Yeah? *Achoo* "

I looked to my left and saw Ryuzaki's face close to mine. His eyes were soft. He reached towards my face and rubbed my tears off of my face with his sleeve. 

   " It'll be fine. I promise. "

   " How are you so sure? "

   " It's part of my job as the world's greatest detective and your friend. "

I leaned my head on his shoulder and took a breath. I moved away and showed him a small smile.

   " That's better. Finish eating and take your medicine. Once you've done that you can watch some TV. "

   " Alright. "