Lawliet's Ending Pt. 2

1 Year later

   " So, Misa died that same day? "

   " She did. They said she jumped off of the tallest building. It was suicide. "

   " Her life span was cut two times. Maybe even three. "

   " Which is why she died so young. She was infatuated with Light until you entered her life but she still wanted that new world. You did what you could. "

   " I know, but I still miss her. "

   " I know. "

I felt Lawliet hug me from behind. I accepted the hug and turned around to hug him back. I felt tears leave my face as I hugged him. Misa died the same day Light did. She wore her maid outfit and rode into the city. There she fell from the tallest building. I'm still traumatized by what happened. Sometimes I can hear Light yelling for me to kill them. Lawliet made it his objective to care for me or help me during these times. When he wasn't home Watari would help me. We moved to London and Lawliet took a job as a detective. He was very successful in his career. People even said he could beat the biggest detective there was, Near. He would tell them there was no way he could. So, from his position, he earns a lot of money. People call him Ryuzaki still. He only lets me call him Lawliet. I joined him in becoming a detective. I'm successful myself. We would sometimes take trips to visit Near. He moved back to America and continued his work there in Manhatten. Matsuda took the role of Deputy chief director on the Japanese task force. Aizawa and Mogi continued their jobs as police officers with ide by their side. The world was going back to how it originally was, but very slowly. There are still people, mainly around Japan, who still worship Kira. Matsuda's job leads him to take control and he takes care of these people very quickly. Sayu was still a little mentally messed up so Matsuda made it his priority to take care of her. They later started dating and Sayu's never been happier.

   " I still can't believe it. "

   " It's hard to believe. Especially with Matsuda. Who would have thought he would take Soichiro Yagami's place? "

   " He did his best to make Mr. Yagami proud. I could see it happening. Mr. Yagami would be proud of Matsuda. Especially to have him as a son-in-law. "

   " They aren't getting married yet. "

   " They might as well be. He's planning on asking her to marry him in a couple of days. "

   " Is he now? "

   " Yes, he is. "

   " We need to visit everyone over there. "

   " That would be nice. "

   " Let's go tomorrow. It's Saturday and we don't have to be at work for a couple of days. "

   " Let's do it. "

The next day we boarded a plane and we flew to Japan. When we got off I saw Aizawa, Mogi, and Ide waiting for us. I ran and hugged each of them. L just nodded at them with a small smile. We walked to their car and they started driving us towards Matsuda's house. When we got there I saw Sayu sitting on the front porch in her rocking chair. I got out of the car and ran to her.

   " Sayu! "

She looked up and smiled at me.

   " Y/n! "

We hugged each other and we wouldn't let go of each other until Matsuda walked outside.

   " Y/n, you're here! "

Matsuda hugged both Sayu and me. We walked inside and started talking. The next day I woke up and got dressed. I walked out of the house and started walking two streets over. Lawliet walked with me. I saw my old house in the distance. It looked sad.