Just Like Old Times

" So, wait. Repeat that for me, please. "

   " Alright, Light tricked Ryuzaki to let him go see you on the roof. Ryuzaki fell for the trick and let Light out of the chain and then he put the chain around the chair. "

   " Ryuzaki fell for it? "

   " It's weird, right? " Matsuda yelled.

   " Very. I was wondering how Light met me on the roof without Ryuzaki. "

   " Yeah. He tricked Ryuzaki and then put his cuff on the leg of his chair and ran off. "

   " That's weird. "

   " What? " Misa exaggerated.

Ryuzaki lightly hit Misa on the head with his rolled-up paper. 

   " Misa. Please stop overacting. It looks too cheesy.  Not to mention fake. "

   " Huh, but I thought that was a realistic performance. "

   " Just do it again. "

   " Whatever you say oh so great director. "

   " If you don't take this seriously I will kick you. "

   " Please just take it seriously Misa and it will be done quickly. " I inclined.

   " Okay. "

She turned back around and started acting again. I leaned back in my chair and watched until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to Light and he gestured me to come closer. I got closer and he started whispering.

   " Y/n, I was thinking, would you like to go out with me today and walk around the park, along with some other stuff? "

   " But you're chained to Ryuzaki. "

   " I know, but I'm going to try and convince him if we can go. It's only if you want to though. "

   " Cut! What are you two talking about? " Ryuzaki asked turning to Light and me.

   " Ryuzaki Light was asking me if I would like to go outside the task force building with him and walk around. "

   " But you're chained to me for a reason Light. I'm afraid not. "

   " Ryuzaki hear me out. " Light said standing up from his chair.

Ryuzaki turned and starred at Light waiting for him to continue. I looked at Misa and she didn't look happy.

   " Y/n has been stuck in this building ever since it has been built. She lives here, works here, and never leaves the place. I thought she would like to get some fresh air and time out of the building. Get some sun and enjoy the winter winds. "

   " You're still chained to me. "

   " Let Y/n watch me. You trust her so let her watch me while we are out. "

   " Hmmm."

Ryuzaki's gaze shifted to me and he looked at me for a while until he spoke again. His tone was normal but I could tell he didn't like what he agreed to.

   " Fine, but one slip up and Y/n will bring you right back here. "

   " Thank you. "

   " I want to go too! " Misa screamed.

   " No, you need to stay here with me. You're acting isn't great and we need to keep practicing it until you get it right. "

   " But- "

   " Action! "

She sat down ad didn't say a word. Ryuzaki unlocked Light's side of the chain and turned back to Misa. Light rubbed his wrist and held a small smile on his face. He grabbed my hand and started running out of the room. We took the elevator to the lobby and got out. Light, holding my hand, ran to the doors. Once we were outside his smile widened once the sun hit him. 

   " It's so good to be outside. I never left that building because of the chain. I'm glad I'm free for a while and the same can be said for you. I bet you're happy to be out of that building. "

   " Sure. What do you wanna do Light? "

   " How about lunch? "

   " Alright. "

We grabbed a taxi and rode to a restaurant nearby. We got out and walked inside and got a seat. Everything went by quickly. We received our food quickly and we started eating. 

   " Y/n when is the last time you took a break from the Kira task force? "

   " I don't know. I guess it's been a while. "

   " I'm glad you came out with me today then. "

   " Yeah, I guess this is time I can use to relax. "

   " I thought you would want time to relax. After last night I figured you would like to get some time outside of the building. "

   " Thanks. "

His smile never faded. He paid the bill and we walked to the park. There was an ice cream stand nearby and we got ice cream. He paid for it again. 

   " You don't have to pay for everything Light. "

   " Yes, I do. Plus I want to. "

He took what was left of his ice cream and smeared a little on my cheek. It was cold. 

   " Hey! "

I turned towards him and he was chuckling with that same warm smile on his face. He seemed happy. He changed so much. First, it was normal and then he turned kind of sinister. Now, he's back to normal and happy. I smiled at his playful smile and wiped some of my ice cream on his cheek. 

   " That's what you get. "

   " You asked for it. "

He picked me up making me drop the rest of my ice cream.

   " Light! Put me down! "

   " No! "

I hit his back lightly with my fists so I didn't hurt him. He started carrying me away from our spot. I couldn't see where he was heading until I heard water. 

   ' He's taking me to the fountain! '

   " Light, don't do this! "

   " Revenge! "

He took me off of his shoulder and put me in the water. It was freezing cold. I stood up and hugged myself. I started to pretend like I was hurt to trick him. 

   " Y/n? I meant it as a joke, I didn't mean to make you upset. "

   " Got you. "

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the fountain with me. He got soaked. He stood from the water and his smile widened.

   " Like old times. We used to play all the time in the fountain when we were kids. "

   " We did, but we stopped when we got older. "

   " Well, we're bringing it back now! "  

   " No! "

I ran around the fountain as Light chased me. I eventually jumped out of the fountain and towards a tree. I hid behind it but it seemed to fail as I was picked up. I was picked up and placed in Light's lap. Light leaned against the trunk of the tree and held me in his lap.

   " Now, this is nice. "

I didn't say anything. I rested against him as I started to relax.