Lunch with Kira

The next day I got dressed casually and walked over to the Yagami household. I knocked on the door and Sayu opened the door and showed me a smile. I smiled back.

   " Y/n! "

   " Sayu! It's good to see you. "

   " You too. It feels like it's been forever since I've seen you. "

   " Agreed. "

I walked inside and she shut the door behind me. I saw Mr. and Mrs. Yagami in the dining room getting everything set on the table. 

   " Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Yagami. "

   " Evening Y/n! "

   " I'm so glad you came, dearie! "

Mrs. Yagami hugged me and I hugged her back with a small laugh. 

   " Thank you, Mrs. Yagami. It's good to see everyone. "

   " What's going on? I could hear you all shout from upstairs? "

I turned around and saw Light standing at the bottom of the stairs. He saw me and smiled brightly. 

   " Never mind I see what's going on. "

Light walked into the dining room and hugged me. I hugged him back.

   " It's so good to see you N/n! "

   " You too Light! It feels like it's been forever. I actually remembered something I needed to talk to you about. "

   " You two can have your chats after lunch. Please come sit and join us Y/n. "

   " It would be my pleasure, Mrs. Yagami. "

( Light's P.O.V. )

   " You should be scared, Light. " Ryuk said behind me

   ' No, I shouldn't. You're overreacting Ryuk. I'm glad Y/n wanted to talk alone. I needed to talk with her too. '

I held out her chair and she sat down in it and I pushed it to the table. I sat beside her and my mother set the plates down on the table. We all started eating and discussing what's been going on lately. I saw the smile marked on Y/n's face and it made me happy to see her smile.

   ' I could imagine this happening every day. Y/n and me in a home of our own laughing and enjoying life. I need to get rid of L first. Then I can kill off the rest of the criminals and rule the world. It will no longer rot and Y/n and I can live in peace. '

   " Light are you okay? "

I looked at Y/n and smiled.

   " I'm fine. Just thinking. "

   " Well, could we go to talk now? Everyone is done eating. "

I looked around and realized that I was zoned out for a long time. I nodded and got up from my chair and lead her upstairs.

( Your P.O.V. )

We walked into his room and he shut the door behind me. I sat on his bed and looked at him with a serious expression. 

   " Light. Why haven't you told your family about us dating? "

   " That was very quick. "

   " I want answers. "

   " And you'll get them. "

He sat down beside me and looked at me with calming eyes. 

   " I haven't told them yet, because I haven't had time. "