Feelings

" Y/n why don't you go to sleep? "

   " Because as long as I'm here being watched by you I'm gonna w-w * yawn * work. "

   " You must sleep. You're not an insomniac like me. "

   " I'm gonna go get an apple. "

   " What? "

As I stood up to leave I was held back by Ryuzaki. He looked at me with his eyes wide. Ryuzaki had grabbed my hand as I was going to get an apple, but his hand held mine. 

   " What is it Ryuzaki? the kitchen is right there so * Yawn * you'll be able to see me in the * Yawn * doorway. "

   " No, not that. Why do you want an apple? "

   " I dunno I just want an apple. Is that a bad thing? "

He starred at me for a moment and continued to hold my hand. He looked away from my face and at our hands.

   " Why don't you go get something sweet to eat? The sugar will keep you up. "

   " Thanks for the advice. I'll go grab something sweet or something. I'm too tired. "

I started walking away but Ryuzaki still held my hand so I stopped walking again. 

   " Ryuzaki is there still something wrong? "

   " No, not at all. Let me come with you. I need some sugar as well. "

   " Alright. "

Ryuzaki stood up and walked with me to the kitchen. Unbeknownst to my tired state, he was still holding my hand gently and lightly so I couldn't feel it. I was too tired to notice. We walked into the kitchen and looked for something sweet. I found S/s ( Something sweet ) and grabbed it. I set it on the counter and grabbed a fork/spoon/spork and started eating it.

   " Want some? "

He nodded his head and ate some. We continued to eat until it was gone and then we walked back to the living room to continue work. Before I could make it to the stack of papers I felt my arm being tugged. I looked and saw that Ryuzaki was holding my hand this entire time and tugging me away from the work. 

   " You are going to sleep Y/n. You aren't going to work. "

   " What are you going to do? "

   " Work. "

   " How? If you're going to watch me 24/7 and I'm going to be asleep. I'll be in the guest room and your computer and monitor will be in the living room. "

   " I'm going to use my laptop. "

   " Yeesh. "

He dragged me, by the hand, to the guest room. He opened the door and lead me inside before shutting it behind us. He let go of my hand and walked to the bed. He jumped on the bed and settled into his weird position and I went to my dresser and grabbed some pajamas. 

   " I'm going to go change into some pajamas. "

   " I need to pat you down first. "

   " Fine. "

Ryuzaki stood up and started to pat me down. It was uncomfortable when he first started doing it, but I just got used to it over time. When he was finished he nodded and went back to the bed.

   " Why do you pat me down? "

   " Since we only know that Kira needs a name and face to kill but we don't know how. I pat you down to see if there's anything dangerous on you. "

   " Alright. "

I walked into the bathroom and started taking my shower.

( Ryuzaki's P.O.V. )

She walked into the bathroom and I looked back at the screen, but my mind was elsewhere. 

   ' I've been watching her these past few days and it seems fine. I've been with her 24/7 and she hasn't done anything but help me with this investigation. Light Yagami is the main target for me now. His life is too normal. He's very clever as well. Almost as clever as Y/n and myself. That's interesting. '

   " If you're going to stay here can you turn down the light on the screen? "

   " Sure. "

I saw Y/n emerge from the bathroom and she was changed into her pajamas. She laid on the other side of the bed and covered herself up.

   " Goodnight Ryuzaki. "

   " Goodnight Y/n. "

She closed her eyes and I could hear her breathing become constant. I eyed her and she was calmingly asleep. I reminisced in the memory of our first encounter when I thought she was Kira. She was to calm and smart. She knew that I was wrong about that theory and she was right. I looked down at her and caressed her hair. Light was my main focus but I didn't want her to know that. If she knew then she would think this was pointless and ask why I'm not looking into Light instead.

   ' Now that I think about it Light never told his parents about their relationship. Mr. Yagami never knew. Y/n must have been hurt over that. I don't even think they have kissed yet. Watari splashed them and unless I've had a double with me they couldn't have- Why am I having these thoughts? I shouldn't be worried about these things. Why am I? '

I looked down at Y/n and stopped caressing her hair. I turned my computer off and starred at her face.

   ' I couldn't have feelings for her, could I? I've never felt my heartbeat this much. I........I shouldn't be having these thoughts or caressing her face or hair. This is something Light should be doing since he's the boyfriend. '

I got down from my sitting position and got closer to her face.

   ' Maybe...Maybe I could be. "

The funny thing was I could imagine that I didn't fall for anyone else. She is as smart as me and we have been together in this investigation since the beginning. 

   ' I couldn't imagine myself falling for anyone but her. '

   " What are you doing to me to make me fall for you? "