Breaking Up

The task force came in two hours like Ryuzaki said they would. When they did Matsuda was the first to run up to me and envelope me in a hug. Matsuda acted like my brother. It was nice. He kept asking if I was fine and if I needed anything. Mr. Yagami checked my temperature and patted my head telling me to get better. Mogi did something similar but he just patted my head. Aizawa tapped my shoulder and encouraged me to get better. Once they got to work Ryuzaki carried me to his room. I wasn't surprised that when w entered the room it was clean with no dust. Everything was perfectly made. 

   ' He doesn't sleep so, of course, it's as neat as can be. ' 

I just sat on my bed and watched videos on my phone and later I took a nap. Watari came back and checked on me and made sure I was well taken care of. He also brought me a change of clothes so I took a bath and washed up.

   ' This is so boring! I want to leave this room. '

It had been hours since I left the room. I heard a knock on my door a couple of hours later.

   " Come in. "

I saw Ryuzaki come inside and Light was behind him. I felt my face pale a little as soon as I saw him. 

   " Y/n! Are you okay? Ryuzaki told me you were sick but not like this. "

   "I-I'm fine Light. "

   " Should I leave you two alone or stay to make sure nothing happens? " Ryuzaki asked me.

   " Privacy, please. "

   " Alright. "

He left the room and shut the door behind himself, but I knew he would stay on the other side. When he left Light walked over to the bed and sat down on it. He looked at me worried.

   " Y/n why are you here. Ryuzaki said you stayed the night here and you were sick because you walked in the rain. "

   " That will be explained in a minute Light. I need to tell you something important. "

   " What is it? "

He grabbed my hand but I pulled it away from him. 

   " L-Light I want to break up. "

   " What? "

Light's facial expression changed from one of concern to Sadness. I could see tears form at the corners of his eyes. 

   " Why? "

   " Light yesterday Your mom invited me over for dinner again. I accepted and went to your house and when I got there Sayu told me you were upstairs with your girlfriend. I couldn't believe it at first, but when I walked upstairs your door was ajar. I saw you hugging a blonde girl on the floor. I saw you two hugging and then I left. I didn't know what to do and it was raining. I just walked until I ended up here. "

   " Y/n that was-"

   " Light if you say she was a family member I will kick you out of this room right now. I have met your entire family. "

He stayed silent. It felt as if a pin could drop and you could hear it clearly. You felt uncomfortable and pulled your legs closer to yourself. You sneezed and it was the only sound made.

   " It just all made sense Light. Why you wouldn't tell your family we were dating, and why you've just felt so secretive lately. It all clicked. You wouldn't tell your family because you were dating her and cheating on me. "

   " Y/n it isn't like that. "

   " Then what is it like Light? Tell me the truth. "

   " I..."

( Light's P.O.V. )

   ' Why is this happening!? I can't tell her about the death note! '

   " I..."

Light didn't know what to say. He couldn't tell you about the death note but he couldn't lose you either. He was shocked and heartbroken when he found out you knew about Misa.

   ' Why did there have to be a second Kira in the first place? Why couldn't Misa just go away! I can use her but if I do it'll be the cost of the new worlds goddess. '

Light didn't know what to do. If he wanted you to be the goddess of the new world he would have to tell you about the death note, but if he wanted to rule the new world he would have to lie and say he was cheating.

   ' If I want to rule the new world I would have to give up its goddess. Ryuk why didn't you tell me if you saw her? '

( Anyone's P.O.V. )

   " Light I think it's clearly obvious. That you cheated and lied to me. I'm sorry Light but I think it'll be for the best if we break up. We can still be friends if you want. "

   " Sure. I Ummm I'll go now. Get better. "

   " Thanks. "

Light left the room. You sat on the bed and let out a big breath of relief. You were still upset about Light but you were just glad he agreed and left. Light, on the other hand, was breaking inside. He was upset that you found out about Misa. He really did love you but he couldn't blow his cover as Kira. He leaned against the door and closed his eyes. He felt tears in the corners.

   " I'm guessing things didn't go well? "

He looked up and saw Ryuzaki standing in the hallway with a lollipop in his mouth. Light felt anger when his eyes laid on Ryuzaki. 

   " Ryuzaki this is none of your concern. "

   " I believe it is. I am her friend am I not? "

   " You know this isn't over. I'm going to win her back. "

   " I don't think so. Not unless I get her first. "

   " What? "

   " Light it has become clear to me that I have feelings for Y/n as well. I'm afraid I won't let her fall for you again. "

   " Ryuzaki you won't win. "

   " We will see, Yagami. "

   ' I. Will. Kill. Him. '

   ' I. Will. Expose. Him. As. Kira. '

   ' And keep Y/n safe! '