Going Back Home

" Commander Rester? "

   " Yes?"

   " I'm afraid I need you to return to New York Immediately. "

   " Right now? "

   " Yes, I'm intending to go to Japan. "

   " Alright. So you would like me to stay in New York while you're gone? "

   " Not at all. "

   " Then what's the point of me coming back there? "

  " Truth is I've never made travel arrangements or boarded a flight on my own before. That's why I need you to come back. So you can escort Y/n and me. "

   " Where would we work? "

   " In the old Task Force building. "

   " L will be waiting for us. "

   " Correct. "

The next day we boarded a private plane to Japan. It felt great to be going back home. I feel like I've been away to long.

   ' The house must be dirty. Unless mother and father have been home, but I doubt it. They don't like being home. They didn't even care that I left and they still don't want to live in that house. '

The plane landed and we drove to the Task Force building. I recognized the buildings as we drove by and when we reached the building I noticed the security checks were on. We parked and went through all of the security checks. We made it to the main observation room. Sitting in his weird crouched position was Lawliet. The screens were back on and it seems as if the building was never abandoned. Lawliet turned to us and walked to us. He pulled me into a tight hug. He rested his chin on my head. I embraced him back.

   " I'm so glad you're okay. "

   " I'm glad to be back. "

I hugged him back. We pulled away from each other and Near followed us to the monitors and he contacted the Task Force.

   " I want to talk to L. "

   " This is L. What is it you want from us? "

   " I'm following through with my goal to arrest Kira and that's why I'm in Japan now. L I presume you've already contacted Takada for the purposes of your own investigation? "

   ' That's right Kiyomi Takada is now the head speaker for Kira. '

   " That's right. In fact, I'm investigating her myself at the moment. "

   " I see. For the time being, it's a given that if we want to get any closer to capturing Kira, we'll have to keep an eye on Kiyomi Takada and NHN in general. I want you to pass on a message. Inform her as of now, several SPK members have entered Japan in order to catch and arrest Kira. "

   " Huh? But why do that? "

   " I'll let my partner tell you that. "

Near gestured for me to come to the microphone and start speaking. I walked to it and answered for him.

   " To lure Kira out of hiding. "

   " Also mention this to her so she'll rely it to Kira, In total, there are only 4 active members of the SPK. That includes Near. Kira won't be able to resist such an opportunity. Knowing him he won't run. Instead, he'll try to kill us before we get too close. That's where I'll beat him at his own game. " Near said

   " Y/n what are you doing with near? " I heard people in the background shout.

   " After being kidnapped Mello was captured by Near as he said some time ago. I stayed with Near since then to help him out with this investigation. I was ready to come back to Japan but he asked for help and I answered the call. "

   " Why didn't you tell us? "

   " When I was kidnapped Mello stole any way for me to contact you all. Near didn't think it would be a good idea for me to talk to you guys until we got to Japan. "

   " It's good to have you back Y/n. You need to come to see us sometime. "

   " I will. "

With that, the call ended.

   " There's another Kira. " Lawliet said.

   " It seems so. "

   " And Takada is the go-between. " I said.

I looked behind me and saw Watari. I stood up and hugged him. It was really good to be home. I noticed he put a Christmas tree up and hand already hung lights and bulbs on it.

( Anyone's P.O.V. )

After a few days, Mikami was discovered to be the holder of the Death Note. He was talking to himself in public saying the shinigami hasn't visited him. Aizawa called and wanted to meet Near in person. He was allowed to meet Near. When he came he gave me a hug. Lawliet and Watari also disappeared so he wouldn't see them. It wasn't the right time for him to know they were still alive.

   " Near, I believe what you said earlier. L's been meeting Takada almost every night. "

   " I know. "

   " What? Then what about this. They're passing notes to each other. I confirmed it."

   " Mr. Aizawa please, don't take unnecessary actions on your own. "

   " Unnecessary actions? "

   " Yes. This is not the point when we bring up evidence against Kira and openly confront him. I must corner him in a dead-end with a plan that would guarantee his defeat. This is what it'll take to stop him for good. Mr. Aizawa I'm going to be blunt with you. You and the rest of the task force are already out of the picture. However, if you still want to help capture Kira, you can. All I want you to do is keep an eye on him as you've been doing. "

   " That's it? Keep an eye on him? "

   " Yes. Of course, there certainly is a purpose in watching over L. In fact I've already taken it into account as part of my plan. That's why I'm hoping you can help me in that respect. I want you to watch him in order to win against Kira. And after that...I want you to be a witness. To the end of Kira. "

Later Near took Mogi and Misa into custody. Now that Misa has been removed from the equation. Mikami's notebook was discovered by one of Near's agents. The same agent took pictures of the notebook pages so we could view them. Near had a plan but wouldn't tell me or Lawliet. Everything continued like that for a few days. I once went and met up with the task force again. I met Aizawa and he brought me to where they were now.

   " Y/n! "

Matsuda ran to me and hugged me. I hugged him back. I didn't see Mogi or Misa but I was sure I would see them later. Aizawa hugged me next like he didn't see me before. I shook hands with Ide. When it came to Light he hugged me to his body tightly.

   " I was so scared you were dead. " He whispered to me.

   " I'm alive. " I said smiling to him.

He hugged me tighter.

   " I missed you so much, and I'm sorry but I have to date Takada. "

   " I understand why. "

   " You do? "

   " Yeah, I do. "

   " Light, you've been hugging her for quite a bit there.  " Matsuda said.

Light let me go and we all started talking again like old times. Light told me Misa and Mogi were trapped in their apartment. I went there and saw them. Mogi picked me up off the ground and hugged me tightly. Misa screamed and cried as she hugged me.

   " I never thought I would see you again! "

   " I'm fine Misa. I missed you too. "

I left after a few minutes of talking. I went back to the Task Force building.