Chapter Four

When I woke up I apparently hadn't been out for long. I was in an ambulance. I guessed we hadn't made it to the hospital yet. There was a nurse standing by the edge of my bed checking everything. I had an air thing on, pumping air to my lungs. The tubes that were in my throat weren't comfortable. I looked around me and saw one person in the ambulance by me. They were sitting down, just waiting there. I hadn't met the person, yet I knew who they were.

"She's awake," I heard someone yell. Josh looked up at the nurse and then down at me. I just kind of stared at him. I didn't know why he was there or where Sasha was. I was worried and scared. "Ma'am, it's okay," the nurse said, grabbing my hand, trying to comfort me. I hear a noise and look over to see a heart monitor by me. It seemed to be screaming at me. I assumed that because I was panicking my heart rate was rising. I just didn't know if I was panicking because I was scared, or if it was because my crush was right there. I could feel a slight blush raising to my cheeks. I looked to the other side, hoping he wouldn't see.

The ambulance stopped and I was pulled out of it and put on a stretcher. They wheeled me into the hospital. Just as the glass door swung close, I saw another ambulance stop and Tobi step out of it. I assumed that Sasha was in it. I felt bad for making this happen. If I would have just let her do her thing, this wouldn't have happened. I was taken to a room and put onto a bed. Doctors and nurses were hooking me up to things and checking me. I could hear talking outside of the room and I knew who it was. Tobi and Josh were standing somewhere in the hallway talking to each other.

"Tobi, what happened?" I heard Josh asked.

"Well, I noticed I was being followed so I called you. After that, the car behind me swerved and went into the ditch. I got out of my car and went down there and they were there. I had just met them in the hotel I was at. The one was unconscious and the other seemed okay. I called you because you were the only one home and then I called the police. I didn't know what to do," Tobi said. He seemed kind of scared.

"Wait, they were following you?" Josh questioned. I froze up. Now they would think we were weird stalkers.

"Yeah. I thought they were gonna kill me or something." Oh thanks Tobi, I thought to myself. Now I'm a murderer...well I kinda am. I knew it was my fault this happened. I didn't want it to happen but it did and it was too late. I didn't know if Sasha was alive and I didn't know what would happen. We spent all this money and I planned to stay for the three weeks I payed for. Then another thought popped into my head; what about the car? We wouldn't have enough money to cover the car and get another. If we did that we wouldn't be able to do anything else. We wouldn't be able to pay for gas either.

"Yeah, these two girls were going to drag you into the woods and kill you," Josh said. I could hear him slightly chuckle.

"Ma'am, can you answer the question?" Someone asked, bringing me out of my daydream. I looked up and saw the doctors around me.

"What?" I managed to say. I coughed, making my throat hurt.

"What's your full name?" The doctor asked me, probably seeing if I could remember.

"Grace Baxter." I said. They continued to stare at me. "Grace Lee Baxter." They nodded and one of them came back with a glass of water. I slowly drank it while they asked me questions. I was finally able to talk normally.

"Can you tell us the events leading up to the crash?" I gulped, I didn't know what to say. I nodded though. I'd tell them what I wanted.

"Sasha was driving and we were going to this gaming convention. I realized she didn't have the gps on. We haven't been here before so we, didn't know our way around. I turned it on and saw we were going in the wrong direction. We only had ten minutes to get there so I told her to turn around and go the right way. She wouldn't and then I did something I regret. I grabbed the wheel and turned it. We went into the ditch and then Tobi found us. But I blacked out after that," I said.