Chapter Twenty-Seven

Josh and Aaron were in jail. It turns out Josh had killed more than a dozen people at the mall. He'd managed to kill one police man with the railing. The one Aaron shot was also dead. I had been sitting in my room with Sasha since the accident. No one really came to talk to me. I had told them not to bother me. I didn't want to see anyone. Sasha and I just sat on my bed. She had been trying to cheer me up. I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Tobi. Can I come in?" He asked. I stood up and unlocked the door. He walked in and closed the door behind him. "So, you two wanna go somewhere? You guys can pick," he said. Sasha looked at me.

"Sure. You have anywhere in mind?" I asked, looking at him. Tobi was awesome and I needed to get out of the house. We decided to go to the bowling alley. I didn't want to be around many people anyways. We played for a few hours. Tobi won most of them but Sasha and I won a few. We ate and went back to the house. Simon sat on the couch with Harry. When we walked in he turned to look at us.

"Where were you?" He asked.

"Bowling alley. I decided to take these two birthday girls out," Tobi said, walking into the kitchen. I laughed slightly and sat on the couch. Sasha sat next to me.

"That means you two are leaving tomorrow, doesn't it?" Harry asked. I seized up a little. I had almost forgotten about that. I nodded though.

"Yeah. I should probably call my mom. I haven't talked to her for a while," I said, standing up and going upstairs. I pulled out my phone and called my mom. We talked for an hour before Sasha walked in. We said goodbye and I hung up. "Sasha, I don't want to leave," I said sadly. She sat next to me and I felt her hand wrap around me.

"I don't want to either, Grace. But we have to leave. They won't want us here anyway. Tobi had to convince them to even let us stay here. Tobi's awesome. He's been helping us. I mean, he's the only one who said anything to us about our birthday," she said. I nodded.

"Yah. Tobi's a good guy," I said.

"Well, I'm kind of in here to talk about Tobi. I think he likes you," Sasha said. I stopped. My body froze. I looked at Sasha, a shocked expression on my face.

"What?" I murmured.

"Maybe I'm crazy, but think about it. I know you like Josh, but he's in jail. We only have one day left here. Make it count," she said before leaving the room. I just sat there in shocked silence. Make it count, she said. It kept echoing through my head. What had she meant by that? I was only 18. I had literally just turned 18. I didn't need to do that. Maybe it wasn't our last day here. Maybe we could ask if we could stay a little longer. Just tell our parents that the zombie apocalypse had happened and we couldn't leave. They wouldn't believe that though. I needed to see Josh one last time. I walked downstairs where Simon and Harry still sat.

"Do you guys know when visiting hours are for the jail?" I asked. Harry turned around to look at me.

"You really want to see Josh? He tried to rape and kill you," Harry said. I flinched slightly at the words.

"He didn't mean too. He needed his pills," I responded.

"He murdered a dozen innocent people for no reason. He sawed people apart, Grace. A pill can't stop that. That's not normal. That's what insane people do," he yelled back at me.

"Josh isn't insane. He's your friend, Harry. You're acting like he's a murderer. You know he needs the pills. Are you really not going to help him? You're just going to sit back and wait?" I asked. He looked a little hurt from my words.

"I know he's my friend. I just don't want you to get hurt, Grace," he said.

"I've been hurt before. Josh can't hurt me like others. He doesn't know my weak spots. As long as he's kept on the pills, he shouldn't react like that. Right?" Harry seemed to be thinking it through. He finally nodded.