Chapter Seven

I woke up the next morning and freaked out. I didn't know where I was. It took me a while to remember. Then I remembered what had happened last night with Josh and what had happened that evening with Sasha.I didn't know what time I had fallen asleep, I assumed a little bit after Josh had left. I hit a button that was by my bed and a few seconds later a nurse walked in.

"Is something wrong, Ms. Baxter?" She asked.

"No. I just want to know when I can get out of here," I said. I knew it would be a while by a didn't want to miss everything. I had saved up for years and for it to be missed because I was stupid.

"It's going to be a while, but I'll tell you when I find out. Is that all you need?"

"What about my friend, Sasha?" I asked.

"Ms. Baxter, I can't tell you that," she replied.

"Then just leave," I said. I knew it sounded snotty but I was worried about her. She nodded and left the room, closing the door behind her.

A few hours later had passed and nothing had really happened. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," I said. The door slowly opened to reveal Tobi.

"I'm sorry about last night, it's just that Josh has had a rough life," Tobi said, taking a seat.

"It's okay," I paused. "Is he okay?" Tobi looked at me.

"What?"

"Is Josh okay? He seemed in pretty bad condition last night. I'd feel guilty if I caused another person pain."

"Yeah, Josh is fine. But you know that it isn't your fault, right?" Tobi said. I remained quite. I didn't know what had caused Josh to do that so I felt that in a way, I caused it. "Grace, you can't blame everything on yourself. How about once you get out of here, I take you to get some ice cream?"

"That actually sounds good," I said, nodding at him. My phone rang on the small table next to me. Tobi grabbed it and handed to me. "Hello," I answered, flipping the phone open.

"Honey, are you okay? You haven't called us and we're worried. How'd the convention go yesterday?" My mom asked.

"I'm fine, so is Sasha. I'm sorry I forgot to call you, it just slipped my mind. Also, we didn't go to the convention; Sasha got cramps," I lied. I didn't want to tell her the truth. "We should be going to one soon though. Anyway, I've got to go. Sasha's been feeling sick. Love you. Bye," I said, ending the call before she could reply. I put the phone back on the table and looked at the ground. I could feel Tobi staring at me.

"Grace, it's not alright to lie to people."

"I know, it's just..." I trailed off.

"It's what? What is it? Why can't tell your parents the truth?"

"I don't want to talk about it Tobi," I said, looking in the other direction.

"Why won't you tell me?" Tobi asked, his voice growing louder. I whimpered once more as memories came back. "Grace?"

"Because..." I said.

"Grace, I want an answer. Not that. A true answer."

"Okay," I squeak out. "It's a childhood problem."

"That's it?" Tobi asked me, his voice demanding.

"How much information do you want, Aaron?" I gasped as I realized what I had just said.

"What? Who's Aaron?" He questioned me.

"An old friend," I said, hoping he'd stop asking me these question. I was still facing away from him, hoping he wouldn't hear me crying silently to myself. Aaron wasn't just an old friend. He was an old boyfriend, but I didn't need Tobi to know that.

"Just a friend?" He asked.

"Yes. He was just a friend."

"So he wasn't a boyfriend or a bully in anyway?"

"No. He was just a friend. We aren't friends now though and he moved. So does it really matter?" I asked, my voice raising.

"Grace, you aren't okay, are you?" I didn't answer. "Grace, look at me," he commanded. I slowly turned around and faced him. "Grace, just tell me the truth," he said, walking of over to me and kneeling down by the bed.

"Why do you need to know? You barely know me and you wouldn't care. You just met me yesterday and you're already reminding me of people I want to forgot," I said.

"Grace, I know we just met yesterday, but I want to help you. I've helped Josh before. That episode last night, that hadn't happened for a while. I'm surprised he was in a hospital that long. But he doesn't remember it. He remembers you though. That's rare. Please don't ignore him. Don't call weird."