Chapter Fifteen

Detective Jones didn't come around much. He only visited me once more. Other than that, he stayed away. One day had passed and I was bored. I slammed my hand onto the button. A nurse walked into the room.

"Hey, can I leave?" I asked.

"Not yet. We'll tell you when you can," she said.

"I feel fine, so I can leave. That should be the rules. I follow my rules, so I'm leaving," I said, standing up.
"I feel fine, so I can leave. That should be the rules. I follow my rules, so I'm leaving," I said, standing up. The nurse laughed and shook her head.

"You can't just leave. You have to stay here until we say it's okay," she said. I shook my head.

"You just want money. I want to call someone. You know what? Leave. I want to be alone," I shouted at her. She laughed as she left the room. I waited a few minutes before ripping the IV of my arm. After I got everything off me, I quietly opened the door. The hallway had people walking through it. Mainly doctors and nurses. I didn't think I would be able to get through. I decided to take my chances though. I tried to make as little noise as I could. I started walking, acting as if nothing was happening. I opened door after door, looking for Tobi. I knew his room was close to mine. Simon had told me what his room number was, I just didn't remember. Finally, I found Tobia room. I slowly opened the door and walked in. He was asleep. I silently tip toed to the table by his bed that had his phone. I grabbed it and turned it on. It had a lock on it.

I sighed and decided to think about it before I started guessing. The password was four numbers. Maybe he had the numbers spell Tobi. 8624, I typed in. It accepted and let me in. I went to his contacts and flipped through them until I came a crossed Simon's name. I clicked it and called him.

"Hello?" He said, probably confused at how Tobi was calling him.

"Hey, it's Grace. Do you know if there's any way I can get out of the hospital? I feel fine and I want to leave but they won't let me," I asked him.

"Jump out the window and run," he said. The weird thing, he didn't laugh.

"Um... Okay," I said. I ended the call and set Tobi's phone down. I looked over at Tobi. He was still asleep. I looked around the room and saw the window at the far wall. I walked to it and grabbed it. I knew it was going to hurt to lift it. I pushed with all my might. Finally the window lifted up. I looked down. I was on the second story. This could end horribly. I put one leg out and took a deep breath. I found a ledge on the paneling and set my foot on it. Slowly I put my other leg over the window and onto the ledge. I grabbed the window and slammed it down, unsteadying me. I looked around, hoping to see a pipe. I saw one...at the other end of the building.