Chapter Five

It seemed like hours but the doctors finally left. Tobi and Josh walked in and sat down in the two chairs by the side of my bed.

"Hey Tobi. Why are you here?" I asked, focusing my attention on him and trying not to talk about Josh. I had always had a crush on Josh and I didn't know why. He was just cute and awesome.

"I saved your life," he answered like a prick. I smiled and gave a slight laugh.

"Thanks for that," I said as my gaze drifted to Josh. "Who's this? He rode in the ambulance with me, didn't he?" I look at Tobi who nodded. Josh looked at me.

"I'm Josh, Tobi's friend." I smile at him.

"Hi, I'm Grace," I said. It was taking so much for me not to fan girl. "Have you guys checked on Sasha yet?" Tobi nodded and looked at the ground as if his shoes had suddenly become important. "What? What's wrong with her?" I asked, worry overwhelming me.

"Nothing," Tobi answered, still not looking at me.

"Tell me the truth," I said, tears threatening to pour out of my eyes.

"They don't know if she's going to be okay. They said that she won't be the same if she survives. The trauma to her head was bad considering she broke a window with it. She lost quite a lot of blood and they don't know when or if she will wake up," Josh says, staring me in the eyes the whole time. Tobi's head shoots up and he stares down Josh like he just did something illegal.

"Oh," I managed to say before I started crying. I turned my face the other way and tried not to cry. It however didn't work. Within seconds I was crying and choking. I was a very emotional person and this was destroying me. I didn't want to cry, but I couldn't stop it.

"Grace, I didn't mean to make you cry. You said you wanted the truth," Josh said.

"I know I did, Josh. I know I did," I said. "So, what do you guys thinks gonna happen?" I asked, still facing the other way.

"With Sasha?" Tobi asked. I nodded, hoping they could tell. "I hope she's going to survive because what happened wasn't meant-" I interrupted Tobi.

"It was my fault. Sasha was following you and I told her not to, but she wouldn't listen. I knew we weren't going the right way so I tried to turn the car around and instead I drove us into the ditch. She's gonna die and it's gonna be my fault," I yelled and continued to cry, this time louder. There was silence from both of them.

"Grace, it wasn't your fault. You were just trying to-"

"To kill her? To stop her from stalking Tobi to his house? Sure I was trying to help, but in the end all I did was make it worse. I made you guys miss anything that you were going to do and Sasha's hurt and my parents won't trust me and they'll hate me and no one will like me. I'll be known as the girl who killed my best friend," I yelled, interrupting Josh.

"Can I just talk?" Josh yelled. I sank into the bed more, bad thoughts coming back to me.

"Yes," I said, the tears coming back.

"You didn't mean for it to happen. If you just believe, she'll be fine. Don't give up hope in someone you love. If you believe, then they'll believe too. Then they will be fine," Josh said.

"Josh, don't think about it. Come on, you're fine. Josh, think about something about else," I heard Tobi say. I turned around, facing them. Josh had his head in his hands and Tobi was trying to help him. Tobi grabbed his phone and dialed a number. "Simon, Josh's doing it. He won't stop. What am I supposed to do?" Tobi said. He looked like he was about to freak. "Hurry then," he shouted into the phone before ending the call and turning back to Josh. "Josh, come on buddy. We learned how to get over this. Take deep breaths and think about something else."

"What's wrong with him?" I asked, hoping that didn't sound bad. Tobi totally ignored me and kept trying to calm Josh down. After several minutes of Tobi trying to calm Josh, someone else burst into the room. It was Simon.