Chapter Fourteen

Two days had passed by now and I hadn't seen Josh once. I guess they were doing their best to keep him away. I had been here a week, each day was spent in the hospital. I had missed every convention and I hadn't seen Tobi or Sasha once. I felt bad for everything I had done. I knew it was my fault and it would be forever. I was feeling better every day though. They had popped my ribs back into place and given medication to help with pain. My nose had been put back into place and was now healing. My cuts and bruises were healing a little bit, but they were still very noticeable. My lip was healed now and didn't hurt anymore. I felt like I was ready to leave apart from an occasional pain in my limbs.

I hadn't really heard anything about Tobi or Sasha yet. I was going to visit them once I got out of here though. The one part that bothered me the most; Aaron was still out there. He knew where I was staying. He was probably watching me at all times. I didn't know how he had gotten into the house though. Why hadn't he just gone through the window, or something secretive.

It didn't matter though, he was gone and I would be safe. At least Simon was starting to warm up to me. He would actually look at me and not be mad. I hadn't seen Josh, so I didn't know how he felt. I also hadn't seen Ethan, Vik, Jj, or Harry. I just assumed that they hated me. I did get Tobi hurt. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," I said, remembering that night. A person opened the door. A person I hadn't seen before.

"Hi, I'm detective Jones. I'm here to talk to you about what happened. May I have your name?" He looked down at me, expecting an answer.

"It's Grace Baxter," I said. He nodded and we started talking. He was nice. He eased me into everything and made sure he didn't push me too hard. We talked for the next hour or so. I told him everything that had happened that night. He, however, managed to get more out of me then I'd met to say. I told him about Aaron and how he'd abused me in our past relationship. The whole time he just sat there and listened to what I had to say. At the end of it, I was crying. I didn't tell many people about that.