Chapter Sixteen

I decided that this was the day I would do good things and not fall off buildings. I inched over to the pipe. I was terrified and tried not to look down. I still happened to look down from time to time though. I was taking my sweat time because I didn't want to fall. I was going slower than a turtle, but I wanted to be safe. I had made it about half way to the pipe. I didn't know how long I'd been up there, I just knew I was getting closer. It seemed to take an eternity, but I finally got to the pipe. I grabbed it and started shimming my way down. I was about half way down the pipe, when I felt the heat. It was burning. I let go and fell to the ground. It hurt, but not as much as I excepted. I got back up and limped away.

*time skip to the house*

I limped around for what felt like hours. But after following the path that Tobi had drive on, I finally made my way back. I knocked on the door and waited for a response. I heard footsteps approaching the door. The door opened and Simon stepped out. He just stared at me.

"How'd you get here?" He asked.

"I did what you told me and then wandered around," I said with a smile. "Turns out I was on the second floor and windows aren't great escapes."

"You seriously left?" I nodded. He laughed and moved to the side, letting me in. "You remember where your room is, right?" He asked.

"Yeah. Your house isn't that easy to get lost in," I said. He rolled his eyes and closes the door after we had both gotten in.

"Anyone home?" I asked, turning to face him. He nodded.

"Everyone's here except for Jj. He went to get some things," he said. I nodded and went up the stairs. I bolted to my room, making sure no one saw me. I didn't want anyone to see my scary face. I guess Simon had, and Ethan and Josh had been around me too... I went to my bag and grabbed my make up bag. I laid it out and put on anything. I could to cover up my bruises and scars. I also added other things like eye shadow and mascara, but I always wore them. I changed into some actual clothes and did my hair. I had previously been wearing the hospital gown. I decided to go downstairs and ask Simon if he had any band-aids. I opened my door and went down the stairs. Simon stood in the kitchen, making himself food. He turned around.

"Do you have any bandages?" I asked. He smirked at me and nodded.

"Bathroom on the second floor. In the medicine cabinet. There should be something to clean it with too," he said. I nodded.

"You know that I can cook, right?" I said, going up the stairs. I went to the bathroom and found the bandages and hydrogen peroxide easily. I disinfected any wounds I found, most of them on my arms and legs. After that I bandaged it up. I put everything away and left, going back to my room. I decided to check my subscription list so I logged onto my computer. Quite a lot of people had posted videos so I decided to watch the good ones. I looked at my room once more. The blood splatter was still on the wall. There was no way I was getting that off the wall. It was several days old.