Chapter Seventeen

I watched videos for a few hours before I heard Simon calling my name. I slowly sat up and walked out the door. I didn't see him so I assumed he was down another flight. I started down the stairs as quickly as I could. I went down to the first floor, assuming that's where he was. He was. I walked into the kitchen and saw Simon standing there, a knife pressed against his throat.

"Just come here Grace and no one gets hurt," he said. It was Aaron. He had a black mask on, covering his face. I slowly approached him.

"Aaron, just drop Simon. He didn't do anything. He hasn't hurt anyone," I said.

"That's the problem. He hasn't hurt you," he said. I could tell he was smiling behind his mask.

"Aaron, please. You hurt me already. Don't hurt Simon," I pleaded. I inched closer to him. "Come on, let's just go. Leave Simon alone. Can we make a deal?" I asked, looking at him.

"What's the deal?" Aaron asked.

"I leave with you and you leave him alone," I whimpered.

"I like my plan better," he said, pulling the knife, flipping it around in his hand, and jabbing it into Simons stomach.

"Simon," I shouted. He doubled over in pain and fell to the ground. Aaron ran at me. "Someone, help," I managed to say before Aaron tackled me and slammed his hand over my mouth. I heard footsteps running down the stairs. Josh and Ethan came running down the stairs. They looked at me with Aaron on me. Aaron looked back at them. I looked over at Simon and tried to yell at them, but it was muffled. Still Ethan looked in the direction I was trying to point in. He saw Simon and ran over to him. Josh however jumped at Aaron. Aaron rolled off me as Josh grabbed him.

I looked around the room for a weapon. I hadn't seen any. I didn't know where they kept their knives. The only knife I saw was the one in Simons stomach...and in Aaron's hand. Now this was a ballsy things to do. I ran at Aaron and grabbed his hand that had the knife. I tried to shove the knife into him, but it kinda failed. I didn't have much strength. I guessed Aaron had been planning these things ahead of time because everything seemed to go great for him. I tried to push the knife into his chest. It Aaron kept pushing it towards Josh. I knew someone was going to get hurt. I hoped Simon was still alive. Just then I heard police sirens in the distance. Aaron also noticed because he started to try to get away from me. But then Josh brought up his knee, and kneed him in the crotch. Aaron groaned and dropped back to the ground. I grabbed the knife as quickly as I could and held it. Just then the police burst through the door.

"Simon, they're here," I heard Ethan say. I had totally forgotten that Ethan was in the room. I guess the whole time he was helping Simon. Hopefully he didn't pull the knife out. I had guessed that Ethan called the police. I hadn't heard him talking though. If Ethan didn't, who did and why didn't he try and help? Josh could have died. I looked over at Aaron who was now up and running. He went straight out the back door. I got up and started after him. It wasn't a good idea, but. I wasn't going to let him get away with it.

"Grace, don't," Josh yelled as I ran out the door. I wasn't as fast as Aaron. He was much faster. Also, I was in pain from the previous days. Just then Aaron turned around and faced. He had a knife in his hand.

"I will get Josh. I know he's your favorite," he said. With that he ran off. I just stopped and fell to the ground. I put my head in my hands and cried. I just cried. I didn't know what else to do. This was, again, my fault. I had hurt Tobi, Sasha, and Simon. Simon could die easily. I was worried about him. I was worried about a lot of things. Just then a policemen came up behind and grabbed my shoulder.

"Got her," he called to whoever. I stood up and looked at the ground. "Ma'am, we need you to drop the weapon," he said. I didn't know what he was talking about. Then I remembered that I had a knife in my hand.

"It might have the persons finger prints on it," I said, setting it on the ground.

"Do you know who this person is?" He asked. I nodded.

"It's Aaron, my ex-boyfriend. I don't know how he found me," I said, still crying, he took me back to the house and asked me questions. Ethan and Simon weren't there! I assumed they were in an ambulance. Josh was there and so were Harry and Vik. They had apparently been upstairs the whole time. So the four of us sat down there, getting questioned by police for a while. I told them what had happened. I didn't tell them everything I told Jones though.