Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N if you didn't notice, I updated the last chapter a little more. Thanks.

I awoke the next morning and instantly felt a sharp pain on my neck. My eyes jerked open and my mouth opened, but no sound came out. My lungs wheezed with the desire for breath. My attacked looked down at me and a smile crossed their face. Their hands tightened around my neck, crushing my windpipe.

"Aaron sent me. He said you needed to die and no one else was doing the job," the person said. Their voice was quiet and sharp. My legs raised up along with my arms. I tried to push him off.

"Stop," I tried to say. It came out as a whoosh of air. My hands raised up and started scratching at his face. My fingers went towards his eyes. I could feel their squishy moisture as my fingers jabbed towards them. My breathing was dying away and my vision was darkening. My lungs were dying for the slightest gust of air. My neck hurt and my brain was throbbing in my head. He let out a scream as my nails clawed his eyes. He dropped off me and covered his face with his hands. I gasped for breath. I slowly struggled off the bed and dragged myself towards the door. My body ached from the lack of oxygen. I hoped the guy behind me wouldn't be getting up anytime soon. My hand reached for the lock when I felt my feet being grabbed. I was dragged across the floor. My hands grabbed at the floor. I yanked my hands away from the floor as I felt splinters dig under my nails. I tried to scream, but my voice was still gone. I looked back at him. His eyes were red and watering.

"I'm not letting you go," he said, grabbing my head and slamming it into the floor. I could hear everything shake. My head starting pounding as he slammed me back into the floor. "I will not fail this quest," he said, bringing my head into the floor once more. I heard my nose crack slightly before the warm liquid started oozing out. My vision was dark and spots were appearing. I raised my legs, wrapping them around his. I pushed one hand off the floor, flipping me over. I released my legs and rolled over. I quickly stood up and ran for the door. I tripped over nothing, falling to the ground and hitting my head on the door. I uttered a quick ouch as I tried to grabbed the door knob. I could hear his steps behind me as he stood up and walked closer. I grabbed the knob in my hand and twisted the lock. I heard it click as the door unlocked. I slowly pulled myself up, only to be thrown back down by Aaron's friend.

"What do you want?" I asked quietly, my voice barley there. My head was pounding almost as if someone had hit me over the head with a sludge hammer.

"You don't get it, do you?" He asked. I didn't respond. I couldn't. "There's things everyone has to do in life. Killing you is one thing in my book," he said. I heard him walk away. A slight scrapping sound was heard as he dragged something off the wood of my bedside table. "Scissors are great weapons. They cut skin like paper," he said like a creep.

"Please...don't," I whimpered.

"We're going to count together, okay? On five it'll start. One. Two," he started. I sat there and held back tears. I couldn't show him I was scared. That would give him more power. "Why the fuck aren't you counting, bitch?" He asked. I bit my lip to stop me from saying anything. I couldn't give an answer. I knew if I make any attempt to talk, I would cry. "Fine. Three," he continued. When he got to four his hand covered my mouth and as he uttered five, the blade of the scissors went through my skin. I screamed, only to have it muffled by his hand. My teeth closed around his finger though and I could taste the blood the harder I bit. I could feel the blood pouring out of my leg. He cried in pain but continued on. I heard a snip as he tried to cut my skin. He snipped and snipped, finally the skin gave way. I continued to scream and bite as he continued to cut. The blood loss would take me out soon enough. Just a little more suffering and I'd be free. I brought my hands up and pried his hand away from my mouth. I was in mid scream at that point. I screamed loudly, hoping to wake up someone who could help. He jabbed the scissors down in one motion, slicing something. I heard footsteps running up the stairs. They sounded light. I assumed it was Sasha. The door opened seconds later only to find another girl. She was wearing a white dress. Blood splatters covered it.