Chapter Twenty-Six

A/n if you didn't notice I updated the last chapter with more. This chapter should be interesting to you guys. Thanks for reading.
I'd heard knocks on my door, but I hadn't answered them. I had accidentally brought back old habits. They weren't good habits. Sasha knew that I used to do it. She was the one that helped me in the first place. Now though, there was no saving me. I blasted Eminem at the loudest volume. Blood splattered, hitting the mirror and dribbling onto the floor. I cried out in pain. But it wasn't bad pain, it felt great.
"Grace, turn down the music. It's one in the morning," Tobi yelled, knocking on my door. I could tell he was tired. I, however, wasn't. I felt energized and great. I grabbed my laptop and paused my music. I slammed the bathroom door and filled the bathtub with hot water. Slowly I stepped in, letting my blood color the water. I laughed as the water stung my open wounds. The knife fell away from my hand as my vision darkened. I heard my bedroom door open. Seconds later the bathroom door was flung open. I looked up and saw Sasha before collapsing.
*Tobi's PoV*
Grace stopped her music and I heard her footsteps leaving the door. She went into the bathroom and slammed the door. Sasha ran up behind me.
"Open the door," she yelled at me. I ran to my room and grabbed the keys. I unlocked the door and shoved it open. Sasha ran inside and pushed the bathroom door open. "Grace," she yelled. "Tobi, help me," she said. I walked in. Grace was laying in the bath tub, a knife lay on the floor next to her. The floor and walls were splattered with blood. Her wrists were dripping blood. Her body slumped in the tub. "Get her out of there and put her on the bed. Then get me a towel," Sasha shouted at me while rummaging through the cabinets.
I walked over to the tub and turned off the water. I moved her body slightly and pulled the plug. The water started draining. I put one arm under her legs and the other under her head. I picked her up and carried her to the bed. Sasha walked over to her with a ton of things in her hands.mi walked into the hall and grabbed a towel. I threw it to Sasha. She started drying Grace off. Then she wrapped the towel around her. She grabbed her wrists and cleaned them. After that she wrapped with a thick layer of gauze.
"What's happening?" Harry asked, walking up behind me.
"Grace cut herself," I said silently. "Don't tell anyone else." He nodded. A confused expression was shown on his face. No one else showed up to see what was happening. Harry soon went to bed. Sasha had me leave and she dressed Grace. She never left the room. I assumed she slept next to her. I didn't know what she had done with the knife. It was dangerous though.
*time skip*
It had been several days since the incident with Grace. She hadn't left her room. Sasha would go up and give her food from time to time. Not many knew about that night. I was just happy she was okay. If we hadn't found her, she's be dead. She was was leaving in three days. Such a short amount of time. She hadn't gotten to do anything she wanted. Her birthday was in two days; so was Sasha's. They shared the same birthday. I left the house and hopped in my car. I needed to see Josh. He was still in the hospital. I assumed Josh would be awake. I wasn't sure if he would, but it'd be nice. I know Grace wants to see him. If I could just get him back for Grace's birthday. I didn't know what to get Sasha.

*Josh's PoV*
I woke up in a bed. It wasn't mine. It wasn't comfortable. I had IVs poked into me and machines hooked up to me. I felt a sharp pain in my side as I moved. I put my hand around my side, only to find a wrap on it. That's when it all came back to me. It hit me like Aaron had. The feeling of everything came back. That's when I realized I was in a hospital. A horrible place that didn't bring back good memories. I couldn't feel my leg, but I knew I had been stabbed. I felt woozy. Then I blacked out.
I didn't know what to think. She wouldn't answer my texts or calls. I had visited her parents, they couldn't get a response either. I called my parents and told them I would be out for a while. I left in my truck. That night I drove around for hours. She never answered anything. I slept in my car and waited till morning. It was summer, so the nights were hot but the days were hotter. That didn't stop me though. First thing that morning, I called the police. They went out searching for her too. I had arranged a whole search group. More than a dozen people. Everyone looked. But they gave up after the first few days. I however, kept searching. Day after day I searched. I didn't go home. I slept in my truck and searched. I searched for three weeks. Then, I found her. She was buried under the sand, her fingers the only thing sticking up. I had uncovered her. She was terrified. I could see it in her eyes. She didn't talk, she couldn't. Blood covered her body. I picked her up and rushed to the truck.
"Freya, it's going to be okay," I said, driving towards the hospital.
"Josh. I saw him. I saw his face. It was," she stopped and coughed, spraying blood on the seat. "It was," she stopped as she fell unconscious.
"Freya, who was it?" I asked, turning to face her. As my eyes left the road, the car skidded. It slammed into a tree. I flew forwards; slamming my face into the steering wheel. My consciousness left me as soon as the impact hit. When I woke up, I was in the hospital. I seemed to be fine and wasn't in pain. I wasn't in pain until I asked one question. "Where's Freya?" That question ruined me. My parents decided to tell me after they got me out of the hospital. Once we got to the car, they sat me down and we talked.
"Son, I don't know how to say this...Freya didn't survive. They just couldn't save her. I'm sorry Josh," my dad said. I felt a tear run down my face as he hugged me. I didn't hug him back, I just sat there. The ride home was silent. I didn't talk at all. I could hear my parents whispering up front. I couldn't hear what they were saying. That night I sat in my room. I had the doors locked and I refused to talk to anyone. I wouldn't eat. Food was stupid. The only thing I drank was beer, which I had stolen from my parents. When my birthday hit, I knew what I wanted. On September 3rd, I held a gun to my head. Before I pulled the trigger, my dad walked in. I didn't know how he got in. The door was locked. "Josh," he yelled, lunging at me. I jumped out of the way and aimed the gun at him. My mom walked in.
"Josh. What are you doing? Lower the gun," she shouted. I shook my head. The bad part, my hands didn't tremble one bit. I held the gun perfectly still. I felt my mom wrap her arms around me and try to force a damn pill down my throat. I jerked my arm back, hitting her in the face. She instantly fell back.
"Josh, stop it. Put the gun down and take the pill!" My dad shouted. My eyes narrowed and I took aim. With the gun aimed at his head, I pulled the trigger with out any hesitation. The bullet shot and drove through his skull. My dad dropped down onto my bed. Blood now covered the walls, ceiling, and floor. My bed was soaked with it, so was my dad's face. It was already pouring out of the wound. I heard my mum whimper. I turned around and put the gun under her head. I pushed it up, bringing her head up so she would listen.
"You're beautiful. Don't deny it, mum," I said before pulling the trigger. I heard her skull giving way to the bullet and splitting. I reached down and wiped the blood on her face. Above her on the wall, I write with her blood, 'You're beautiful. Don't deny it'. That was the day I was probably declared crazy. The police later found me walking around. The blood of my parents still on my hands. The gun was in my pants. I tried to shot the police, it didn't work. I was taken and brought in. They threw me into the insane asylum days later. I, however, got out of the asylum. I had my name changed. My original name was Deniz Lino. I changed it to Josh Zerker. My parents called me Josh because I hated my original name. I became a drifter after that. I went from house to house, but most people didn't want me. Some didn't find it pleasing when I speared their goldfish. Finally, I meant this cool guys. They took me in. I had to take the pills, they helped me forget. But then I started to forget about the pills. I didn't take them, and I remembered.
I woke up with a start. My heart was beating quickly. Two nurses were in the room.
"Oh. You're awake," one of them said. I nodded slowly. Wasn't it obvious? "Were you having a dream?" She asked getting closer to me.
"A nightmare," I said silently. After a while, they left. So many thoughts were running through my head. Before I could do anything, Tobi bursts into the room.
"Josh, thank god you're awake. It's about Grace," he says. I turn to look at him. Did I not save her? Had I failed yet again at something? "Josh, thank god you're awake. It's about Grace," he says. I turn to look at him. Did I not save her? Had I failed yet again at something. "She needs you so much right now. She's missing you. Her birthday's in two days. I'm sure you'd be a great present," he exclaimed. I smiled slightly. I'd love to see Grace again.